DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Ceara Coveney aka Elayne (Bloody daughter-heir) Trakand

Shawlee

This is literally an appreciation post: for Ceara Coveney.

I just love her as Elayne. Elayne Trakand is my favorite (very closely followed by Aviendha) among the inner circle, of course after the five. So to have an actor who literally embodied her, in mannerism and looks, just makes me so happy.

And Ceara's accent is just as Michael voices Elayne in those rare Mat povs interacting with the Elayne (bloody daughter-heir). I mean Kate does a more subtle job at switching accent when it comes to voicing the girls. But every time I hear Elayne from Mat's PoV, it always made me chuckle. And Ceara Coveney's accent is very reminiscence of that

Also let's give the casting people a shout out, they have done a bang on with most of the casting choices.

Edited by Shawlee

• Shawlee changed the title to Ceara Coveney aka Elayne (Bloody daughter-heir) Trakand

I think the subtle interplay between Elayne and Nyneave was excellent.  I hate some of the adaptation choices but some of the actors are really elevating the show.  I wanted Stepin to be Elyas character, Kareane to stay around, Bassan to stay around, and I hate that I may have to see a broken Rhyma.  And instead of watching sad Lan go on a couples retreat I really would have liked a complicated Elaida, Alanna, Barthanes,, Lady Anvaere and Forsaken plotine.  

• RP - PLAYER

I agree than Elayne is great. I said somewhere else that she was more pretty and posh than beautiful and regal, but I think we have seen much more range from her as the character arc progresses and she is in other situations than the White Tower. So I take back my, well, I wouldn't call it a criticism, my observation.