DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

So, just rereading the part when Perrin finally meets up with The Prophet of Dragon. I am finding it more interesting now that in the show they've established Meshima has a  relationship(kinship) with Perrin, as they've both survived Seanchen/Falme together. Edit: I know in the books they spend time, I didn't say they didn't, but it was very antagonistic. In the show they showed even if they are not "friends" they did work together and develop a kinship.

It really would be interesting to see Perrin meeting Mashema again when he is sent to Ghaeladan to deal with the Prophet.

And Meshima not really been in the journey with Rand and hating him all the way.  

In the show the awe in his face of seeing Rand, it makes more sense for him to worship the Lord Dragon the way he does, than the book. 

What do you think, did the show make this dynamic more plausible?

Edited by Shawlee

• RP - PLAYER

In the books Maesema spends a long time with Perrin and Rand, so I don't think that is much of change for Perrin/Maesema relationship. 

I don't think the Prophet is very plausible at all, at least he just goes batpoop crazy - his hatred of Rand gives that a sort of ironic twist, but imo does not act as foreshadowing or make it less likely. It just is not rational, Maesema flipping out like that. 

It is interesting I think what difference seeing things in the actor's faces makes. Many things you can do better in a book, but we are finely focused on facial expressions so it really sells emotions to us in a way that that prose cannot. 

Spoiler

It’s only briefly shown, but in the books Masema is being fed lies by a forsaken.  He thinks he has been called as a prophet because that is what the forsaken, who is masquerading as a supernatural being, is telling him.  

Masema isn’t batshit crazy.  He is actually seeing the visions.  He isn’t able to see through the ruse, but that is the power of the forsaken

Edited by Samt

3 hours ago, Samt said:
  Hide contents

It’s only briefly shown, but in the books Masema is being fed lies by a forsaken.  He thinks he has been called as a prophet because that is what the forsaken, who is masquerading as a supernatural being, is telling him.  

Masema isn’t batshit crazy.  He is actually seeing the visions.  He isn’t able to see through the ruse, but that is the power of the forsaken

This always felt a bit incidental, I imagine it wasn't intended to be, but Masema, a bit like Fain felt like a story thread that RJ just lost interest in fully, or didn't know how to play it out. Like the Aes Sedai who went and interacted with him in the warcamp, the BS explanation for that to Perrin felt a bit rubbish. It was another story thread that just kind of petered out, especially the way he was killed off. This is def a storyline I hope has some major changes from the books in the show. 

Edited by Scarloc99

11 hours ago, Samt said:

supernatural being

It was probably Demandred. Because I don't see Moradin doing that not at that stage. The Nae'blis had better thing to do. I know, I knowwww, Issy is the king of dream shards, but i think, and it is my headcanon that being of light was Demandred.

It is shown from Masema's pov right before perrin's battle with shaido. 

• RP - PLAYER
32 minutes ago, Shawlee said:

It is shown from Masema's pov right before perrin's battle with shaido

I think it is just to explain why the Prophet is suddenly not so pro-Dragon any more, so that Maesema does not have to be completely stark raving mad. 

On 11/7/2023 at 7:01 PM, HeavyHalfMoonBlade said:

I think it is just to explain why the Prophet is suddenly not so pro-Dragon any more, so that Maesema does not have to be completely stark raving mad. 

And yet I would have preferred him to go full on lunatic, a cautionary tale of the prophet who then goes so far into his own rabbit hole that he starts to see his own messiah as a false idol and he himself is the true savior. It would have been well within the realms of our own era to see someone do that and get all his followers to drink the kool aid with him. 

“I’m Perrin Aybara, and your precious Lord Dragon sent me here..... If one of you looks at me cross-eyed, he hangs! And you can tell Masema I said so, too!”

I frigging love when Perrin gets mad. It would be an interesting dynamic to see him facing Masema in the show. 

Edited by Shawlee