DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Thank you for our shiny new place!!!

Delenn

O.k. Lews has the right idea. Let there be a questions thread. Let his be a gripe thread. And let this be a thank you thread!

It seems to me that there are a smattering of thanks here and there but our staff did an amazing a mount of work for us and its time to start applauding them!!!!!!!!!!!

So what do you like about the new boards? What are some things that you are glad they did?

I am really grateful for the transfer of the avatars and siggys by Mother. I understand she did everyones herself!!! Thank you Mother!

Guest Barmacral

I must say, I am rather impressed with how much success you all had in transferring stuff from the old board.

Actually, the software did all your avatars and signatures. The only thing I did was force all the avatars to be 80 x 80.  But again, thats software.  The only thing I've really done is move boards around (if you can't find something, that's why) and some stuff on the backend with the user groups, which are of the devil.

Jason and Kevin have done the VAST majority of the work, and will continue to do so while I'm gettin' my game on this weekend.  =)

Mother if all you did was copy/paste every last one of our avatars that is still a staggering task. I would think that most places would have said do it yourself and make sure they conform. So no question you did good. Thanks!

Noooooo.... I didn't do that. It was the conversion software. All I did was check a little box that said "Force avatar size?" and specify dimensions.  I appreciate your good wishes, but I didn't anything terribly difficult.

thBang_Head.gif

O.k. fine. Thank you for forcing some 5,000 odd Avatars.:P Still a daunting task in my mind. No don't. Just give me a hug please. :)

What other things do you guys like about the site?

Guest Cadsuane

I really really like the nesting, I think it's a great option. And I am super impressed at how smoothly things have gone!! I was only here for the last changeover, and everything was out of commission for weeks, so this is right quick! You guys have done great, thank you!

Agreed..... Though... it seems pretty simple.... even though I dissagree with a few of the board placements... but that complaint has already been lodged by other in the proper place so I shall shuteth up about that now.

*Does happy new shiney place dance*

Guest nephitess

I like the new boards....i must add my like of the nesting feature. once you know where things are it's great!!!

a big thank you to all who worked to get this up and running.

Archived