DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Alanna Mosvani - Speculation

Shawlee

My prediction:

Alanna going to also take on the role of Myrelle and then Joline.

This way they would not need to recast multiple greens, and use Priyanka Bose as a series regular. 

The reason they are building her up so much, well other than the fact I would rather not mention involving Rand, is she will embody and represent most of the greens(with multiple warders) in the book. 

P.s. Please no hate, just speculate with me. I know the show is not what we would've  rather have. But I just wanna have a conversation. 

Edited by Shawlee
she will embody and represent most* the greens(with multiple warders) in the book. I said all greens with warder in my initial post. 

39 minutes ago, Shawlee said:

My prediction:

Alanna going to also take on the role of Myrelle and then Joline.

This way they would not need to recast multiple greens, and use Priyanka Bose as a series regular. 

The reason they are building her up so much, well other than the fact I would rather not mention involving Rand, is she will embody and represent all the greens(with multiple warders) in the book. 

P.s. Please no hate, just speculate with me. I know the show is not what we would've  rather have. But I just wanna have a conversation. 

Not a bad assumption.  Show Alanna has already pulled some bits of Myrelle's storyline.  It will be interesting to see if they combine her with Joline's as well. 

It would be a logical way to keep the actress in the show if she is committed.  These types of combinations works to be the amount of characters down but also have a habit of making the "world" feel smaller.

Certainly not opposed to the idea though.

I think there is a good chance they will merge Myrelle and Alanna.

If they are keeping Alanna close to Rand and Cadsuane, then I imagine they might consider Merise instead of Joline.

Though if they pick to merge with Merise, then they might move the harem bonding forward so that Alanna/Merise can bond Narishma.

13 minutes ago, Yamezt said:

Though... In saying that, Alanna taking the role of Myrelle might mean removing either Lan or Rand as the person made as a warder without consent.

I am thinking they will drop the Lan aspect of that.  They have already played that card during season 2.  Now that might mean they are foreshadowing it for a later season but I think the other bonding is more impactful. 

And with all of that it allows Lan to meet up with Nynaeve sooner which considering their chemistry and potentially only 8 seasons isn't a bad thing. 

32 minutes ago, Yamezt said:

Though... In saying that, Alanna taking the role of Myrelle might mean removing either Lan or Rand as the person made as a warder without consent.

I hope is it Rand 🙏 i always thought that was extremely unnecessary. 

1 hour ago, Yamezt said:

I think there is a good chance they will merge Myrelle and Alanna.

If they are keeping Alanna close to Rand and Cadsuane, then I imagine they might consider Merise instead of Joline.

Though if they pick to merge with Merise, then they might move the harem bonding forward so that Alanna/Merise can bond Narishma.

Ohh ohh I didn't think of Merise (yes, my beautiful one) Haindehl. Why are green always so creepy with their warders 🤣🤣?

but yea, if they deecide to move her to that part of the story, then I think merise instead of joline. Good point.

2 hours ago, Shawlee said:

Why are green always so creepy with their warders 🤣🤣?

But creepy (or not in some cases, e.g. the relationship between Sleete and his Aes'Sedai) in very different ways.  Conflating all of these into Alanna would rather reduce the green to the "orgy Ajah".

7 hours ago, Skipp said:

I am thinking they will drop the Lan aspect of that.  They have already played that card during season 2.  Now that might mean they are foreshadowing it for a later season but I think the other bonding is more impactful. 

And with all of that it allows Lan to meet up with Nynaeve sooner which considering their chemistry and potentially only 8 seasons isn't a bad thing. 

I don't think they will drop this aspect, the fact that we have not seen Lan lose his bond, suicidal depressed Lan be sent to save Nyanave I think means we will see that in season 4 and in this case it makes no sense for Alanna to have Lan and Rand both bonded. 

now it is possible that Moiraine simply has Nynaeve as the person she hands Lan's bond over to, and she tries to heal Lan herself? 

I never thought of combining her with Joline too ... now that's an interesting thought! Some people really disliked the Joline / Mat interchanges, but personally I loved them. I really wouldn't mind that particular merge - I think the chemistry between Alanna and Mat ... wowee

As for merging the character with Merise ... I don't like that so much. Not saying they won't do it, it just wouldn't really work for me. Opposite type of characters like that are needed, or this world will become very flat.

8 hours ago, bringbackthomsmoustache said:

But creepy (or not in some cases, e.g. the relationship between Sleete and his Aes'Sedai) in very different ways.  Conflating all of these into Alanna would rather reduce the green to the "orgy Ajah".

Yes, I do agree that making everyone like alaana would make it an orgy ajah. But that's what the show is it making out to be 😕 and if you have noticed I mentioned only the two others who kind of are like Show Alanna. I didn't mention she will replace all other greens. I mean i could've said she will replace Careane Fransi but i didn’t. Or merise for that matter, like someone in my post mentioned.

The reason of my speculation is purely for the sake of them bringing forth the thing with Lan. And the logistics of casting people to play essentially the same kind of roles. 

Sleete is a very different person and his relationship with Hattori is an exceptional example of how greens should be. 

4 hours ago, Elgee said:

I never thought of combining her with Joline too ... now that's an interesting thought! Some people really disliked the Joline / Mat interactions, but personally I loved them. I really wouldn't mind that particular merge - I think the chemistry between Alanna and Mat ... wowee

As for merging the character with Merise ... I don't like that so much. Not saying they won't do it, it just wouldn't really work for me. Opposite type of characters like that are needed, or this world will become very flat.

I loved joline_mat_teslyn_edisina_ & the suldams interactions. That was a very good way to show Mat with aes sedais. Him,  unlike perrin and rand, mostly escaped interacting with aes sedai in earlier books.

So it was very refreshing to see Mat with not only different factions of  Aes sedai trying to maneuver, but also be a buffer between two different race(type) of channelers. 

I still think it was the creator's funniest joke on Mat that He saddled him (mat) with an unwilling channeler. Mat finally meeting the daughter of nine moons is one of my favorite aspect of his story line. That says a lot as I relate to him the most amongst the 5. I love all his storylines.

Edited by Shawlee

1 hour ago, Max Delpo said:

They should keep Alanna bonding Rand but, with more development

Yes she did it in the books and then nothing much happens with it other then her sometimes pointing to where he is. Until the end when she vanishes and the is at the last battle 

Edited by Scarloc99

• RP - PLAYER
30 minutes ago, Scarloc99 said:

Yes she did it in the books and then nothing much happens with it other then her sometimes pointing to where he is. Until the end when she vanishes and the is at the last battle 

She is also the reason that no one else tries, and it gives Rand all the benefits of being a Warder without actually needing to have any sort of other attachment going on. 

7 hours ago, Max Delpo said:

They should keep Alanna bonding Rand but, with more development

I'm not fussed if they keep both Lan/Rand as the warder bonded without consent, or even drop both. But I can see them dropping Rand because there isn't much happening for Lan between books 6-8 to expand on the topic of consent and what the custom/tower law about warder is.

Rand has quite a bit going on, and a lot of the aes sedai/male channeler dynamic can be explored with Asha'man

17 hours ago, bringbackthomsmoustache said:

Conflating all of these into Alanna would rather reduce the green to the "orgy Ajah".

This kind of strengthen the case that they will probably merge Myrelle and Alanna unless they are going to merge Myrelle with another green.

Myrelle is the Aes Sedai that is rumoured to have married all her warders. Don't really need 2 like that in the show (with the existing Alanna) unless they are going for all greens like having a harem rather than warders.

Edited by Yamezt

23 minutes ago, Yamezt said:

This kind of strengthen the case that they will probably merge Myrelle and Alanna unless they are going to merge Myrelle with another green.

Myrelle is the Aes Sedai that is rumoured to have married all her warders. Don't really need 2 like that in the show (with the existing Alanna) unless they are going for all greens like having a harem rather than warders.

Thank you for strengthening my case! ❤️

1 minute ago, Yamezt said:

Also, for being made a warder without consent, Lan's case is more interesting IMHO because, while it was done without his consent, it was done to save him and keep him alive. Doesn't make it any less a gross violation.

Rand's case was just a gross violation

Exactly 💯 

20 hours ago, HeavyHalfMoonBlade said:

She is also the reason that no one else tries, and it gives Rand all the benefits of being a Warder without actually needing to have any sort of other attachment going on. 

But she herself plays no real part in the story in terms of role, she has no real arc, she is a character who just kind of exists, for me it is part of the reason why there is no real tension at the end. I don’t care about her enough in the books to feel any real emotion about her final fate, and it felt like there were no real stakes. In the tv show she is getting a real arc which we know will end at the last battle, 

13 hours ago, Yamezt said:

Also, for being made a warder without consent, Lan's case is more interesting IMHO because, while it was done without his consent, it was done to save him and keep him alive. Doesn't make it any less a gross violation.

Rand's case was just a gross violation

I also want to point out the fact that they didn’t really go anywhere with this Alanna vileness. It just another way to make rand hate the aes sedais. Which was kinda made unnecessary, as the box would serve as a solid reminder of Moiraine's words of not to trust any aes sedais. Well not unnecessary, but to play the force bonding card twice within 2 books, with two of the main characters just seemed repetitive.

Rand AND Lan got forced bonded. The wo real gentlemen! Come on robert! Are you saying being a decent man with immense respect for women will get you raped? That's what bothered me. 

And they didn't go anywhere with it. And I saw some people pointed out it gave rand the warder benefits. Yea maybe getting the girls to bond him should've been done earlier. Anyway, thats my thoughts on that vileness with Alanna. 

I know not very well thought out, but I just woke up, and every time I remember that it just boils my brain.

9 minutes ago, Scarloc99 said:

But she herself plays no real part in the story in terms of role, she has no real arc, she is a character who just kind of exists, for me it is part of the reason why there is no real tension at the end. I don’t care about her enough in the books to feel any real emotion about her final fate, and it felt like there were no real stakes. In the tv show she is getting a real arc which we know will end at the last battle, 

@Scarloc99

THISSSSSSSS

Thank you! I appreciate you! 🙏 

11 hours ago, Shawlee said:

I also want to point out the fact that they didn’t really go anywhere with this Alanna vileness. It just another way to make rand hate the aes sedais. Which was kinda made unnecessary, as the box would serve as a solid reminder of Moiraine's words of not to trust any aes sedais. Well not unnecessary, but to play the force bonding card twice within 2 books, with two of the main characters just seemed repetitive.

Rand AND Lan got forced bonded. The wo real gentlemen! Come on robert! Are you saying being a decent man with immense respect for women will get you raped? That's what bothered me. 

And they didn't go anywhere with it. And I saw some people pointed out it gave rand the warder benefits. Yea maybe getting the girls to bond him should've been done earlier. Anyway, thats my thoughts on that vileness with Alanna. 

I know not very well thought out, but I just woke up, and every time I remember that it just boils my brain.

I mean I don’t see an issue with either situation, it made perfect sense to bond Rand, and for lab it was for his own good, I think to claim they where “raped” is a bit extreme, especially given that Rand it turns out can’t be “compulsed” but he bond. 

As readers we only think it is a bad thing Rand is force bonded because we are told it is, if we had been told it was ok we would be fine with it, it is an artificial thing that really has no bearing on the story in the long term, Rand even gets over it fairly quickly. 

The scene we never got I wanted to see was Alanna actually finding out the others had bonded him. Although that also made me wonder at the last battle, would Alanna dying have had anywhere near the same effect because the girls where bonded to him as well?