DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

moan moan moan

Blackrose

right i hear every 1 moaning hehe i mnoan a bit my self so add me att njenkinson@hotmail.co.uk

then invite as many DM members u have on your list trhen we can have a group ian and get it out our chests

comprende?

Guest Barmacral

One thing does have me confused... a World of Warcraft theme for the forum?

There is one issue I have with the board as a whole though... its not as newbie friendly as the old one was. It will be much easier for people to get confused and give up on the website. I understand that you had to do the layering thing for the forums and subforums, but if there is a way to send it back to the old system of all the forums appearing on the same page, I think people will more likely to stick the site out.

The colour, although I don't mind it, is also not very newbie friendly. I've also heard that you are trying to go back to the brown theme that has always been there, and once you do, that would be very good. Keep this skin as an option for those who like it, and make the default the old one... more newbie friendly.

And finally, I hope you are able to set the system so that the identity of each person appears beside the post, rather than above, the way it is now. That throws me off a fair bit, and will likely confuse any newbie who dare's breach these boards.

All in all, you have made a good effort, and I know that there is lots more work to do still. Those are my concerns, which I hope will be addressed by the admins, although I suppose I'll probably have to send them down another laneway.

Edit: Oh and, I like it when it gives you the option of going to the post or to the forum, rather than automatically being sent back to the forum.

Don't worry Barm, we're working on those things.

We need to keep the nested forums however. We're going to be adding a CRAZY amount of boards in the near future and if we kept the listed view the site would be unnavigable. It was getting close as it was.  When I get back, we'll work on making things a little more newbie friendly. Remember, we're a work in progress still. =)

One thing does have me confused... a World of Warcraft theme for the forum?

lol, I noticed that too.  Some of the icons are same as the hunter I had.  I think they just chose a board layout that was available and had similar colors/theme and slapped the DM stuff on it

And finally, I hope you are able to set the system so that the identity of each person appears beside the post, rather than above, the way it is now. That throws me off a fair bit, and will likely confuse any newbie who dare's breach these boards.

i agree completely. 1 thing that helps a lot is if you turn viewing signatures off. that's what i did and the threads look much less confusing

But we all worked hard on our siggys... and yours wow! Blend that color just slightly and the lines would dissappear and it would just be those eyes staring out at you....  *shudders* creepy cool!  :o ;D

Well, that's why this is still the "beta" version - Kathana didn't just want to leave us hanging for the weekend while she's going away, so we get these boards to play with, but there's still a good bit of tweaking that's going to happen.

(Oh, and please tell me that you didn't just register a new account to complain about the boards? No one's going to hate you if you whine under your real name - we'll just set you on fire. *grins*)

Archived