DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

New to the forums, not so new to the series

EirikDaude

Hi everyone! I finally got round to joining the forums, after realising I had some new questions about the books upon listening to them for the first time on audiobook.

I first read the books way back in the 90s, and have reread most of them a few times, with the exception of aMoL, and maybe one of the other Sanderson ones.

Before moving on to the other parts of the forum, I realise I already have a question to ask here - is there no way to preview my post before posting? I only see a button for "submit topic", but maybe I'm missing something?

• RP - PLAYER

Welcome Eirik 🙂 

Hope you find suitable answers 🙂 

The last button of the editor (magnifying glass on a piece of paper) next to text colour is the preview button. I assume it is also there when creating a thread but am too lazy to check.

On 10/25/2023 at 1:59 PM, EirikDaude said:

Well, now I am getting all hot and bothered, but it used to be just that warm, fuzzy feeling in your stomach 😅

*Grins* ... I think we are going to like you!

Oh and don't believe a word Lily says - those Darkfriends are busy like little ... uhm ... demons, in the Dark 🤣

14 hours ago, Siera said:

Welcome!!! 😄 

Did you have areas you were interested in joining?

Thanks! Well, I was interested in book discussion mostly. I did try the TV show for a few episodes, but it never really caught my attention enough for me to keep watching it.

I gather you have a bit of roleplaying and other forum games going on here too, so maybe I'll give that a try :-)

On 10/26/2023 at 4:34 PM, LilyElizabeth said:

I agree with Elgee. I know we're going to like you. Come play in the orgs. 

And don't believe a word about the Darkfriends. Lies. All lies. 

Can you give a pointer of where to start? I did briefly have a look at Shayol Gul and some other of the other community boards, but it's all a bit overwhelming. Feel free to pm me, if talking about this would drag this thread off topic.

This is your thread, so we can talk here about whatever you want 🙂

So we have various sections on here.

The Discussion are is relatively strait-forward: you have the WoT Book Discussions, WoT Series Discussions, General Discussions (other Series, etc).

Then we have the Roleplay section, where you create a character (you can have more than one) in a WoT setting. There are a few types of character you can create, like Aes Sedai, Warder, Aiel, etc.

The RP people will be able to tell you more about that - it's been a while since I RPed here 🙂

The last section we get to is the Social Groups (or Clubs, as some call them). They're a bit more difficult to explain, but I'll give it a try.

We have the same groupings as the RP side, but we don't RP characters - we are ourselves there. Sometimes we do a bit of "Lite RP", especially for ceremonies like Raising someone to Aes Sedai or something, but mostly we just talk like I'm doing here now.

The various groups have various interests, so you have to look around and see who talk about things that interest you most. Who do you really feel like hanging out with. All the groups are very welcoming to new people 🙂

You can of course belong to more than 1 group, though personally I don't favour that.  

• Club Leader
7 hours ago, EirikDaude said:

Can you give a pointer of where to start? I did briefly have a look at Shayol Gul and some other of the other community boards, but it's all a bit overwhelming. Feel free to pm me, if talking about this would drag this thread off topic.

One easy place to get your feet wet is the game I recently started in Shayol Ghul. It's called the Executioner, but it's basically just hangman. 

Personally, I do favor belonging to more than one group, but everybody's different. 

• RP - PLAYER

I dunno, you can participate where you want but you need a home. A centre. 

And contradict the Amyrlin Seat again, and we have a problem Lily Sedai. No matter how terrifying you are.

Because loyalty matters, and I am willing to throw myself in front of Mother to protect her. Or make snarky comments behind people's backs, whatever fits best.

14 hours ago, LilyElizabeth said:

One easy place to get your feet wet is the game I recently started in Shayol Ghul. It's called the Executioner, but it's basically just hangman. 

Personally, I do favor belonging to more than one group, but everybody's different. 

Yeah, I had a look at that, actually - but then it said sign-up was necessary to participate or something along those lines?

16 hours ago, LilyElizabeth said:

I didn't mean to contradict Elgee. I love Elgee. I merely have a different opinion than she. I guess the Amyrlin and the Dark One's opinions would often differ. 

*nods* I think Kaf is best.