DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Liandrins potential end? what do we think.

Scarloc99

Warning massive book spoilers ahead. 

So in the TV show it is clear that Liandrin has been found out, this means she can go the same route as the books, escaping Tar Valon with a bunch of toys and other black sisters to give the girls an enemy to chase.

But, how do we see her arc ending?

the way it does in the books

Spoiler

(shielded, shield tied, inverted and compulsed to never die).

the way of Alviarin 

Spoiler

trapped in a stedding

Or another way? With confirmation that Ingtars reveal is on the cutting room floor I don't see her having a redemption arc. 

Edited by Scarloc99

• RP - PLAYER

I don't think it will be like the books.

Spoiler

She just gets sidelined in the books for not being a good little Darkfriend by a Forsaken (iirc of course). It is not very final, anyone could have freed her, and it is not very tasteful, to be put wholly subservient to a man she hated and despised. It's a bit ewww.

I predict it will be a big bang and very final. But when? The character could be hanging about for quite some time, potentially being kept on til the bitter end.

1 hour ago, HeavyHalfMoonBlade said:

Reveal hidden contents

She just gets sidelined in the books for not being a good little Darkfriend by a Forsaken (iirc of course). It is not very final, anyone could have freed her, and it is not very tasteful, to be put wholly subservient to a man she hated and despised. It's a bit ewww.

I predict it will be a big bang and very final. But when? The character could be hanging about for quite some time, potentially being kept on til the bitter end.

I mean, given the way they have set her up, and that they will no doubt ramp up the evil she does, maybe her book ending will give a nice sense of punishment to the viewers, she actually ends up with Suroth in the book which always asked the question how would the shield work against a collar. 

1 hour ago, HeavyHalfMoonBlade said:

Hide contents

I really like the way she is sidelined by the forsaken in the book. It shows that the shadow has no loyalty and she isn’t near as important as she thinks she is.  It also ups the danger for the heroes by showing that this person who we thought was a major villain is actually insignificant compared to what is coming.

• RP - PLAYER
9 minutes ago, Samt said:

I really like the way she is sidelined by the forsaken in the book. It shows that the shadow has no loyalty and she isn’t near as important as she thinks she is.  It also ups the danger for the heroes by showing that this person who we thought was a major villain is actually insignificant compared to what is coming.

That really is a theme, that Darkfriends really all think they are going to be at the top of the pile in the new order after the Shadow's victory, but nearly all of them (with a few notable exceptions) would have been in far better positions if they had stayed in the Light.

I get your point, and yes book Liandrin was not Chosen material, it just felt a bit unfinished as if RJ was not completely sure he did not want to use her again later. 

5 minutes ago, HeavyHalfMoonBlade said:

That really is a theme, that Darkfriends really all think they are going to be at the top of the pile in the new order after the Shadow's victory, but nearly all of them (with a few notable exceptions) would have been in far better positions if they had stayed in the Light.

I get your point, and yes book Liandrin was not Chosen material, it just felt a bit unfinished as if RJ was not completely sure he did not want to use her again later. 

That’s fair.  Goodness knows RJ wasn’t inhibited in bringing someone back when he wanted to.  But lots of dark friends actually get this treatment where they are left in a sort of limbo and then just stay there.  It’s true that it seems less final, but it also is more creative than just killing them all.

• RP - PLAYER
3 minutes ago, Samt said:

That’s fair.  Goodness knows RJ wasn’t inhibited in bringing someone back when he wanted to.  But lots of dark friends actually get this treatment where they are left in a sort of limbo and then just stay there.  It’s true that it seems less final, but it also is more creative than just killing them all.

Yes, it also gives the impression that the whole network of the Shadow is mostly hidden and vaster than we can see. Unlike the Light where some characters like Bayle Domon and Aludra just appear to be useful wherever they are needed. The good guys are obviously far more efficient with personnel. 

18 minutes ago, Pandemonium said:

I would love to see an unhinged Lanfear take out Liandrin 

It would be super fun if Egwene somehow used the Mask of Mirrors (?) to make Lanfear think she was killing Eggy instead and the whole time Liandrin didn't understand why Lanfear was going all Glenn Close on her.

On 10/19/2023 at 11:57 AM, Scarloc99 said:

Or another way? With confirmation that Ingtars reveal is on the cutting room floor I don't see her having a redemption arc. 

Or:

"The Light shine upon you, Liandrin Guirale of Tarabon and the White Tower, and may you shelter in the palm of the Creator's hand."