DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Looking for 1st print hardcover of The Eye of the World

Elemental

Hey guys! I'm a long time fan of the series and recently decided to do my first reread. I've also been inspired to collect the hardcover first printings that I didn't have from my first time around. I now have first prints of every book except the first one. I know this is quite a rare find and good condition however I thought I would try my luck here. I'm not looking for an autographed version. I would prefer the first state but would consider second state if no other option. I've been checking on eBay and Abe books but no luck so far.

If anyone has any other ideas or by chance has one they'd be willing to sell please let me know!

• 4 weeks later...

The 1st edition/1st state of TEOTW has become exceedingly rare (much so now with the TV show). There is a 2nd state copy on sale on Abebooks.  

https://www.abebooks.com/servlet/BookDetailsPL?bi=31516609792&searchurl=kn%3Deye%2Bof%2Bthe%2Bworld%2Brobert%2Bjordan%26sortby%3D1&cm_sp=snippet-_-srp1-_-image7

I rarely see a 1st state copy (since both states are equally hard to come by, I would snap one up in either state if you come upon a nice copy). Good luck on your hunt!

Thanks, I appreciate your reply. I was actually already aware of this book. It is signed and inscribed to another individual which unfortunately I am not interested in. I did recently see a very nice first state copy being sold in the UK for $5,000 gbp!! Or around 6500 US dollars I believe which just seems outrageous. I am continuing to monitor... if you happen to come across anything else that looks good I'd be happy for you to let me know!