DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Brandon Sanderson S2 Finale Reaction Video

TheMountain

I don't really get watching people watch an episode and live reacting, I'd sort of prefer a thoughts after watching sort of thing, which I guess the last half hour of this video is (which is what I skipped to). 

I absolutely agree with Brandon on some points and not on others. When he said "What does the sword mean to Rand", this is my biggest problem with the finale. Not so much that they didn't spend time with Rand and the sword throughout the season (that is annoying), but they haven't done anything about Rand's struggle with his own identity and the sword, his fathers' sword, symbolises that.

But to be honest I think Brandon is being fair to the creators even in his criticisms, although just reading the scripts and not having watched the whole season is a bit unfair to the show imo. I don't particularly like this format, I'd much prefer a discussion setting after they've watched it and had a bit of time to digest and form their thoughts. 

2 minutes ago, fra85uk said:

Credit where it is due: ofc the admins of this forum are supporting the show (for many reasons) but still they give room for opposing reasonable opinions.

absolutely. I wouldn't even consider myself a show-hater at all, in fact I'd be on these pages defending the show more often than not, but if you voice any hint of criticism over there it's a deluge

2 minutes ago, fra85uk said:

Quite a meltdown of the show-cloaks on the WOTShow subreddit for this.

By the way, I guess it is fair criticism.

S2 is better than S1 but still (imho) not at a satisfactorily level.

I am in such a weird place on this show.  As watch and move on TV it is very good.  As adaptation trying to be prestige GoT level TV it feels like hot garbage.

• Community Administrator
6 hours ago, DaddyFinn said:

Ehh, I'm not interested in watching close to 2 hours of BS complaining about the show. He hasn't even watched other episodes of S2..

I tried to watch it, but without a video going in the corner to show what they were seeing, I wasn't going to watch 3 dudes sitting in silence for minutes eating snacks (They were silent when I hopped on), commenting on stuff without reference.

I don't mind a little mystery science theater 3000 every now and again. Sometimes it's fun to just ridicule shows I enjoy.

Just now, ilovezam said:

There's a timer and you're supposed to play the episode in sync with that timer, I think.

Agree that it's not a good format at all though.

I know about the timer and that you're supposed to sync it and all that. Still wish that they'd have been able to put it on twitch and not have to deal with any of that.

12 minutes ago, Pandemonium said:

Do people actually watch the Dusty Wheel?   I've looked at the archive and their shows are usually like 4 hours long.  Hard pass for me.  It is cool Sanderson is on, but that is so long too.

Yes.

They have 26k followers.
Season 1 they were the official Amazon "WoT" after show.
Their lives routinely get 10k+ viewers.
(The Brandon Sanderson secrets one got 84k)

In terms of "WoT" Content creators, they have one of the largest followings.
Greene is larger, but I don't think he's a "WoT" content creator?

7 hours ago, SinisterDeath said:

Yes.

They have 26k followers.

Ok, I mainly follow wotup and unraveling the pattern and they both have similar follower numbers. Dusty Wheel would probably do well to take some of the interesting clips from those long videos and make some shorts.  

6 minutes ago, TheMountain said:

We get it. Brandon's opinions are not important... and therefore boring, uninteresting, and not worthy of note... 😉

Quite the opposite. I like Brando Sando a lot, have read all of his books, and appreciate his takes. But just watching three dudes comment on a show without context is ... exceedingly dull.

8 hours ago, SinisterDeath said:

Yes.

They have 26k followers.

Greene started out as purely a WoT Creator and book tuber, but has expanded to many other things, and has self-published a book.

I think the reality is if you posted a lot of content about the books,  there's not much left to do besides review the episodes. And the more you loved the novels, the harder it will be - as the Dusty Wheel guy said - to Unlearn what you have learned.