DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Semi-new!

megalomax

Been reading the books ever since I discovered the 3rd book in '96 as a wee kid of 8 years old. And I was hooked and got every book released and even begged my aunts and uncles to give each new book to me as birthday/Christmas gifts. 

Sadly, I had to leave the books behind when I migrated to another country. Somehow, my mother donated them to her pastor's booksale fundraiser and found out too late. I still hurt thinking about it. Buying the ebooks and latest releases just don't have the same feel. Oh well. 

Been a lurker to this site since 2013. Happy to see the TV series has sparked the interest of people and seeing new fans! 

PS, yes I'm gay and would like to be the gae'sedai hahaha

Edited by megalomax

On 10/12/2023 at 7:20 PM, megalomax said:

Been reading the books ever since I discovered the 3rd book in '96 as a wee kid of 8 years old. And I was hooked and got every book released and even begged my aunts and uncles to give each new book to me as birthday/Christmas gifts. 

Sadly, I had to leave the books behind when I migrated to another country. Somehow, my mother donated them to her pastor's booksale fundraiser and found out too late. I still hurt thinking about it. Buying the ebooks and latest releases just don't have the same feel. Oh well. 

Been a lurker to this site since 2013. Happy to see the TV series has sparked the interest of people and seeing new fans! 

PS, yes I'm gay and would like to be the gae'sedai hahaha

Come to the Tower to become an Aes Sedai!

I bought some of my books at thrift stores and used book stores. 

• RP - PLAYER

Welcome to DM, nice to have you around. 

I moved country, too, and lost a lot of my books, with no real way of transporting them without paying way more than it would probably take to replace them, I told my Dad he could take them to a charity shop. Hopefully someone out there is enjoying them and the charity got something for them.

Check out the White Tower, it is quite something. Even if they like throwing Novices in slimy places, and expect you to work your fingers to the bone for them without a word of thanks. But you will meet a lot of fun people there and @Dead Warder.

12 hours ago, Dead Warder said:

Typically I'll eat leftover food that is left out in the dorm hallways...

*Growls* so that's what's been happening to my 3rd breakfasts, lunches & suppers! You are SO in big trouble. BIG trouble! Ima make you Mentor the Heavy! See how you like THEM peaches ... *hmmphhh*

• RP - PLAYER

I am torn, to the very fabric of my soul. The Creator's hand shelter me. 

The Amyrlin Seat just told me to yank the crank. What? I mean, is this the best day of my life or the worst? How am I meant to cope with this? I'm only flesh and blood.

And on the other hand, I would always say there is always another notch to crank it up. Always. 

But that was before Mother told me to yank the crank. I don't think there is a notch after that. The amps are already at eleven. This Novice has nothing left in her his belt pouch.

On a completely and utterly unrelated point, does any one have any hand cream? This sudden cold weather has left my hands feeling rather dry....

Haha hello and thank you everyone. 

I do plan to build up my collection again once I'm done with getting my nursing license. 

Been a nurse for 15 years in my country. But Canada wants to put me through the hoops to get licensed here.