DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Do the excuses of season 1 still hold true?

grayavatar

• Community Administrator
Just now, Cauthonfan4 said:

I haven't posted here in ages, if anyone needs to touch grass and reality, it's the bigots like you gleefully defending garbage that hates the source.

Yes... Because coming to the forums and calling users bigots is a great way to have a meaningful discussion.

Seriously. Go outside. Touch some grass. Take a breather. Touch some grass. Life's to god damn short to get this upset over a tv show.

5 minutes ago, SinisterDeath said:

Because coming to the forums and calling users bigots is a great way to have a meaningful discussion

And lying to people and telling them the show is gonna stop taking the men's moments to shine is what exactly? 

You actively shutdown haters after last season telling us to breathe and calm down and it would get better. And it didn't. So what's you're excuse this time?

Or are you going to finally admit what's obvious to thosd of us who were upset during season 1?

The showrunners are rampant misandrists doing everything thry can to girl power this show and don't give a crap about the source?

9 minutes ago, SinisterDeath said:

Seriously. Go outside. Touch some grass. Take a breather. Touch some grass. Life's to god damn short to get this upset over a tv show

Must be easy to just tell those upset to shut up, just like last time. Tell you what. If the next two seasons show the guys getting time to shine and moments TAKEN FROM THE GIRLS AND GIVEN TO THE GUYS, I'll apologize. But we both know that's not going to happen.

4 minutes ago, Cauthonfan4 said:

You actively shutdown haters after last season telling us to breathe and calm down and it would get better. And it didn't. So what's you're excuse this time?

We absolutely do not. We also ask people to tone down the overheated rhetoric such as calling people "bigots" and "misandrists" and referring to the show as "garbage". That type of language does not promote discussion because it treats your subjective opinion as fact.

If you'd like to have a rational, reasonable discussion about the show you are welcome on these boards. If your sole purpose is to come here, yell at the moderators, and stir up trouble by playing the White Knight for your vision of Robert Jordan's "truth" we will ask you to leave.

4 minutes ago, Elder_Haman said:

If you'd like to have a rational, reasonable discussion about the show you are welcome on these boards

We tried reasonable season 1. We were told season 2 wouldn't steal from the guys and screw them over. Care to explain why you think this is okay? Care to sxplain why those who are unhappy are continued to be told to shut up and pound sand whole you all get to hate us as much as you want?

You say don't use mean words but yall are thw ones who threaten everyone who disagree with bans. Seems awfully fishy that only people who LIKE THIS SHOW are on the mod team. Seems like there is zero respect for the source from the mods team at all. Adios. I'm out. Yall can have you're echo chamber. You baited me with season 1 and 2. No more.

31 minutes ago, Cauthonfan4 said:

And lying to people and telling them the show is gonna stop taking the men's moments to shine is what exactly? 

What are we lying about? 

Did I write the show?

Did I direct the show?

What you read are thoughts and opinions, and speculation about future seasons.

Maybe you need to take a deeper look inside and ask yourself "why does 'taking away men's moment to shine' bother me so much?"

1) Season 2 was objectively better then 1st season. You may not believe, but opinions are subjective.
2) We are not Amazon. We are not Rafe. We are not the show creators.

Or are you going to finally admit what's obvious to thosd of us who were upset during season 1?

Admit what? That you don't understand what an adaptation is?

The showrunners are rampant misandrists doing everything thry can to girl power this show and don't give a crap about the source?

I really think you need to examine why "girl power" is your go to excuse for why the show is "crapping on the source material", how you believe that means the show runners are "misandrists", and really examine what the "theme" of the novels are.

Here's a hint. The books are about the Balance.

Balance between genders. Balance in the world.

The Dark One and his Chosen have sown seeds through out the world to bring the world out of balance.

30 minutes ago, Cauthonfan4 said:

Must be easy to just tell those upset to shut up, just like last time. Tell you what. If the next two seasons show the guys getting time to shine and moments TAKEN FROM THE GIRLS AND GIVEN TO THE GUYS, I'll apologize. But we both know that's not going to happen.

It's a TV SHOW. If you don't like it. Turn the channel.
Why devote your life to making others miserable?
Am I your psychologist? Therapist?

There's an entire world outside full of new experiences waiting to happen and all you have to do is open that door. You could crack open a new book instead of pounding on that keyboard trollin' the forums about how awful we all are for liking the show.

Like I said. Life is to damn short, to waste it online yelling into the void about how awful a TV show is when we both know that Rafe and Amazon will never read your comments, let alone mine.

Our names, memories, thoughts, opinions, none of it will likely never be a sprinkle of dust in their life and as far as anyone in any part of that entire production is concerned we are less then a thought. We don't exist. 

14 minutes ago, Cauthonfan4 said:

We tried reasonable season 1. We were told season 2 wouldn't steal from the guys and screw them over. Care to explain why you think this is okay? Care to sxplain why those who are unhappy are continued to be told to shut up and pound sand whole you all get to hate us as much as you want?

You say don't use mean words but yall are thw ones who threaten everyone who disagree with bans. Seems awfully fishy that only people who LIKE THIS SHOW are on the mod team. Seems like there is zero respect for the source from the mods team at all. Adios. I'm out. Yall can have you're echo chamber. You baited me with season 1 and 2. No more.

Good luck, and thanks for all the fish.

16 minutes ago, Cauthonfan4 said:

Care to explain why you think this is okay? Care to sxplain why those who are unhappy are continued to be told to shut up and pound sand whole you all get to hate us as much as you want?

No one owes you an explanation. But no one has told anyone to "shut up" or to "pound sand". No one condones "hate" of any person on this forum.

17 minutes ago, Cauthonfan4 said:

You say don't use mean words but yall are thw ones who threaten everyone who disagree with bans.

Ban threats happen rarely here and only to those who insist on sh*tposting.

One final thing.

You're feelings are valid, even if others disagree with them.

Our feelings are also valid, even if you disagree with them.

What's not acceptable is calling other users liars and bigots over two years old season 2 speculation... 

2 hours ago, Cauthonfan4 said:

I remember back during season 1 the book fans who didn't like the show were told to calm down, that the girl power ups at the expense of males would slow down and male characters, especially Rand, would get more time to shine, especially at falme

You can start apologizing now. Season 2. Falme in the bag. Rand screwed again.

I gave your garbage show a chance, yall lied to me and as far as I'm concerned every defender of this show is a liar who hates the books.

Rafe, as far as I'm concerned is a rampant misandrist and rafe of time can die in a fire.

Yeah no idea whatyou watched, I think it was a different show to the rest of us. 

Rand got a chance to shine, but also, why and how would Rand be all powerful in the one power, no one has really taught him, no one has shown him anything, after book 2 and 3 Robert jordan actually depowerd him in book 4 because he realised he had made him far to powerful for a multi book series, he had taken him on a 3 book story and so peaked him far far to early. Why should the writers repeat Robert jordans mistakes? 

I have previously accused the show of misandry but on reflection I believe it has been rather fair in destroying most characters male and female.

I don't think any male has escaped being portrayed as a wet noodle but many of the woman also seem less in many ways. Moiraine is annoying to watch, the less she talks the better. Nynaeve should have had a "badass" moment in Falme. Min is terrible. The Suldam are longwinded and hopeless masters. The Forsaken seem like just regular people off the street when they should be presented as supernatural boogiemen. Even Trollocs are just misunderstood creatures. Everything is just flat.

The WoT story is very clear on who the bad guys are and then there are other groups such as Seanchan and Whitecloaks who believe they are the good guy but do bad things.

The story needs the really bad guys to be really bad and menacing, ...but they are not.

Edited by grayavatar

Just now, grayavatar said:

The WoT story is very clear on who the bad guys are and then there are other groups such as Seanchan and Whitecloaks who believe they are the good guy but do bad things.

The story needs the the really bad guys to be really bad and menacing, ...but they are not.

I thoroughly disagree. I found all 3 of the Forsaken to be incredibly menacing, each in their own way. And they manage to be menacing while being three dimensional and human, not mustache twirling bad guys from an 80s cartoon like they were in the early books. 

Just now, grayavatar said:

The story needs the really bad guys to be really bad and menacing, ...but they are not.

If you don't find the Seanchan, Whitecloaks and Forsaken more menacing in the show than the books I don't know what to tell you.

As for the boys not getting their moment and that it was all about the girls.

Rand abolsutely wrecked Turak and his routine.  Mat got moment when he realized he could be a Hero if he wanted, he has in his own past. .  Perrin got his berserker moment although I wouldn't call it a hero moment, he did get to add his strength to Egwene's barrier.

Nynaeve got a lesson that no matter if you are the most powerful Aes Sedai in 1000 years you still need to put in the work to be effective.  Elayne got to provide her level head in a chaotic situation and heal Rand in a moment of need.  Egwene got tossed aside like a kitten in a hurricane when attempting to attack Ishy. She was able to hold him off defensively for a short while until Rand recovered.

The showrunners and writers made decisions to elevate female storylines. Amazon bought it.  This means 4 characters that occupy 60% of book story are developed poorly.  As in they should be likable or interesting and are underachieving as characters.  The show is fun to watch but mainly because of actors and story beats OG RJ created.  This show could have easily been a 9/10.  Instead its a muddled 6.5/10 that is best enjoyed with alcohol. If the show continues past season 3 the showrunners better fire a few wig consultants and hire some military historians cause lots of war headed our way.  The Seanchan guarding the beach (allowing Lan a moment) but not guarding gates or land approach aint going to cut it.

23 hours ago, Cauthonfan4 said:

I remember back during season 1 the book fans who didn't like the show were told to calm down, that the girl power ups at the expense of males would slow down and male characters, especially Rand, would get more time to shine, especially at falme

You can start apologizing now. Season 2. Falme in the bag. Rand screwed again.

I gave your garbage show a chance, yall lied to me and as far as I'm concerned every defender of this show is a liar who hates the books.

Rafe, as far as I'm concerned is a rampant misandrist and rafe of time can die in a fire.

Do you need a hug?

14 hours ago, Guire said:

The Seanchan guarding the beach (allowing Lan a moment) but not guarding gates or land approach aint going to cut it.

Yeah this is one of the scenes were I was laughing. The soldiers enter the beach and see a couple standing on the beach about 1km away from the town that is being attacked. From 500 meters away they start screaming and waving their swords while charging. What? Why? LOL This is like creating a tidal wave to kill a child all over again.

Edited by grayavatar

30 minutes ago, grayavatar said:

Yeah this is one of the scenes were I was laughing. The soldiers enter the beach and see a couple standing on the beach about 1km away from the town that is being attacked. From 500 meters away they start screaming and waving their swords while charging. What? Why? LOL This is like creating a tidal wave to kill a child all over again.

Yea, those soldiers appearing did not make sense.

What made me laugh was imagining from those soldier's POV - they cannot see the weaves - so it must have been a bewildering sight where this lone warrior is fending off, while some highborne lady in blue is doing strange body movement / dance in the middle of all that combat

Edited by Yamezt

46 minutes ago, Yamezt said:

Yea, those soldiers appearing did not make sense.

What made me laugh was imagining from those soldier's POV - they cannot see the weaves - so it must have been a bewildering sight where this lone warrior is fending off, while some highborne lady in blue is doing strange body movement / dance in the middle of all that combat

They could 100% see the physical fire

2 hours ago, DaddyFinn said:

They could 100% see the physical fire

They attacked before it though. agree was quite weird. maybe they can recognise a warder and AS and therefore knew they had to take the warder out so. someone can collar the marath'damane

3 hours ago, grayavatar said:

Because sometimes it is just fun to give your characters a fun set piece. people lament that Lan didn't get to fight, and then they complain that Rafe gave him that moment, I mean, he could have just stood there watching Moiraine looking pensive, and then you might have asked "where were the Seanchan" 

We got to see Lan do what we didn't see the Shienrans, the other warder (mental block) or anyone else do, take out a load of Seanchan soldiers fairly easily. 

As for a reason, a patrol of Seanchan saw an armed man, and women, walking on the beach towards the Seanchan held city, I imagine even the lowliest Seanchan soldier knows that Aes Sedai come as a pair (man and women), as we know if they had managed to capture and subdue Moiraine for collaring then they would have never had to work another day in their life, and would probably have been raised in some way, so yeah, that makes sense to me. They came down to see who they where and what they where doing. 

18 hours ago, Skipp said:

As for the boys not getting their moment and that it was all about the girls.

Yeah, it's less about girl, more like about Egwene. She saved herself, even though she shouldn't have, clearly showing character can be self-sufficient and doesn't need any outside help. But than Rand can't get season climax on his own, he needs big strong Egwene to save him. But i'm sure that isn't playing favorites, Rand just doesn't need to be center of story, right? 6 more seasons to go, lol.

19 hours ago, Skipp said:

Rand abolsutely wrecked Turak and his routine. 

That's not exactly Rand's moment, more like emphasis on how little agency and progress he had in two seasons. Instead of letting Rand fight, show simply hand-waves storyline. To have Turak and Ingtar to say words from the book and to not have same meaning in scenes like in the book is not following source material. It's more like mocking source material. "This guy is having moral dilemma and trying to redeem himself, lol he just dies not even stalling his enemies". "This guy is stepping stone in hero's path and clear outline of Rand's growth, lol he simply dies like cartoon character".