DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Aelfinn and Eelfinn

Ralph

I have been thinking about this and given the amount that needs to be cut out I can understand removing the first doorway, you never want repetitive content in a tv show where you are limited for time and having Matt go through 2 doorways creates repetition (it is why I don’t think we will see Egwenes arch visions, we will just see her go in then come out again). 

It is possible to have mats memory’s restored another way, it is also possible for Min to replace the prophecy side of the questions. But, my big issue here is that Matt goes into the 2nd door thinking it is the same, so he doesn’t ask for things, he asks questions and realises to late what has happened. So this whole scene has to be written a different way. 

Rafe's answers in general are mostly Aes Sedai answers.  There is actually very little concrete information and just a lot of speculation fuel.  I understand why he did that, but also I wouldn't attach much value to the answers when trying to predict how the series will go.  The finns will definitely be abbreviated and possibly eliminated entirely in my judgement.  

Just now, Samt said:

The finns will definitely be abbreviated and possibly eliminated entirely in my judgement.  

Again, this was my thinking too. But now I'm starting to think they may go ahead and lean into the Finns a little bit. Moiraine's "shielded" arc sets up Siuan's "actually stilled" arc pretty nicely. And

Spoiler

Moiraine's capture by the Finn + the subsequent rescue in the Tower of Genji

could make for a very nice tight arc for Mat and Thom in one of the later seasons. Instead of writing Moiraine out of the show the way the books do, they could write some scenes for her and give her some agency in the resolution of that plotline. I think it could really be great.

4 minutes ago, Samt said:

Rafe's answers in general are mostly Aes Sedai answers.  There is actually very little concrete information and just a lot of speculation fuel.  I understand why he did that, but also I wouldn't attach much value to the answers when trying to predict how the series will go.  The finns will definitely be abbreviated and possibly eliminated entirely in my judgement.  

I do understand a show runner’s desire to stay vague, but I think I’d respect Rafe’s caginess more if he were willing to say something like, “ live said before that some changes will be made to adapt this massive book.  We’ve made the decision to cut the Finn but Mat will follow a similar arc to the books in a way that fits our show.”

I’m not saying that’s the case with the Finn but he could be up front sometimes.

17 hours ago, Mirefox said:

I do understand a show runner’s desire to stay vague, but I think I’d respect Rafe’s caginess more if he were willing to say something like, “ live said before that some changes will be made to adapt this massive book.  We’ve made the decision to cut the Finn but Mat will follow a similar arc to the books in a way that fits our show.”

I’m not saying that’s the case with the Finn but he could be up front sometimes.

If you go back through Rafe's answers to things you can actually read between the lines, anything that seems to be WAFO (which I put this answer in the category of) so far has come to pass in some way. When he has said something like that line then the thing being asked about has not happened, or has been very ver different. 

I think we get 1 doorway and the granting of wishes, but not the telling of truths. 

I’m leaning even more towards no doorway after Episode 8.  

The issue, then, would be what to do about the characters who go through them later (vague for spoilers).  Being that they are big enough characters on screen not to do them like that, they need a different resolution.