DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Alivia?

Elder_Haman

We have repeatedly been treated to scenes involving the one damane who has been hunting channelers. 

There have been several times now where we have had shots of her eyes expressing a certain degree of anguish at what is happening. 

Wonder if this is Alivia…

This thought had occurred to me as well; it has a possibility. Although she might be a little too subservient to the Sul'dam to be Alivia.

BUT...the image that struck me full bore watching this episode is that at some point in episode 8, the cute little damane

Spoiler

stands and points at Renna, after Egwene escapes in the way she does in the book. This is TV and less subtle, and the audience will not be left to speculate. The Seanchan will know Renna can channel, and she will be closed in a kennel.

• RP - PLAYER

Could be. But in the end,

**Final battle spoiler**

Spoiler

Alivia is such pointless character, not sure they will include her unless they can add in some other role as well. She will help you die by laying out fresh small clothes. What?

Though certainly could see the character continuing through the later story lines as a bit part, perhaps with that name.

Seems too young and definitely Alivia was disenchanted with Seanchan life so would not be so enthusiastic about her work. Doesn’t seem right to me for Alivia.  I would picture a woman around 40 ish.

Edit: after watching S2E6 I actually have hope that this show can end up good.

Edited by Cipher

On 9/23/2023 at 3:09 AM, Cipher said:

Seems too young and definitely Alivia was disenchanted with Seanchan life so would not be so enthusiastic about her work. Doesn’t seem right to me for Alivia.  I would picture a woman around 40 ish.

Edit: after watching S2E6 I actually have hope that this show can end up good.

In the books it is hinted that the Seanchan channellers are many many hundreds of years old, I think it might be Alivia who claims she was Damane for about 7-800 years, which the kin just ignore as fanciful talk (which is amusing because they themselves have the same fight with aes sedai) 

On 9/24/2023 at 8:13 AM, Scarloc99 said:

In the books it is hinted that the Seanchan channellers are many many hundreds of years old, I think it might be Alivia who claims she was Damane for about 7-800 years, which the kin just ignore as fanciful talk (which is amusing because they themselves have the same fight with aes sedai) 

No, Alivia was 414 years old.

Reanne Corly of the Kinswomen was around the same when she died.

There was talk of another senior Kinswomen pushing 700.

Cadsuane is currently the oldest living AS at just a few years short of 300

The average life span of an AS who swore the 3 Oaths on the Oath Rod is between 200-300 depending on power level.

The Oath Rod literally cuts their life span in half.

Edited by Finnssss22

3 hours ago, Finnssss22 said:

No, Alivia was 414 years old.

Reanne Corly of the Kinswomen was around the same when she died.

There was talk of another senior Kinswomen pushing 700.

Cadsuane is currently the oldest living AS at just a few years short of 300

The average life span of an AS who swore the 3 Oaths on the Oath Rod is between 200-300 depending on power level.

The Oath Rod literally cuts their life span in half.

Need to re read sure there was also a mention of one of the freed damanes being that old. She might not be a named one. 

On 9/22/2023 at 7:56 PM, Elder_Haman said:

We have repeatedly been treated to scenes involving the one damane who has been hunting channelers. 

There have been several times now where we have had shots of her eyes expressing a certain degree of anguish at what is happening. 

Wonder if this is Alivia…

That would be neat. Hope they go somewhere with her character, even if not the Alivia route.