DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Warning Book Spoilers:- Where the tv show might go given all we know about the character arcs.

Scarloc99

On 10/14/2023 at 1:25 PM, Jaysen Gore said:

I'll use Elaida as an example - how much screen time do you think we'll get from her as Amyrlin? 20 min? 30 min? over 4 seasons? She can do a lot, but earning her outcome is going to be very difficult. So is it just better to show her sit down as Amyrlin and not again until Egwene is captured, or should they show what's happening inside so we know Egwene is justified? Decisions decisions...

Having cast such a big actress for Elaida, Shohreh Aghdashloo, i expect that they increase her time on screen much like they've done with Moiraine being Rosamund Pike.

7 minutes ago, nsmallw said:

Having cast such a big actress for Elaida, Shohreh Aghdashloo, i expect that they increase her time on screen much like they've done with Moiraine being Rosamund Pike.

Possibly, or given the role size, I could see then organizing her shooting schedule so they get everything they need from her for the entire season in 2-3 days. for season 3-5, and then make her a regular in season 6.

On 10/19/2023 at 8:22 PM, nsmallw said:

I'm so sad that they chosen her for Elaida and not for Cadsuane. After Liandrin's arc, Rafe clearly is red Ajah at this point. I love the actress and I want to hate Elaida just as the books

Changing subject, Rand in a box will be present but he won't still/gentle anyone while he's doing the unboxing thing.

Someone is going to rescue him (again)

2 hours ago, Max Delpo said:

I'm so sad that they chosen her for Elaida and not for Cadsuane.

I too wish they'd made Shohreh  in the role of Cadsuane. Hopefully they get another top actress to play Caddy.

I hope they make Elaida nasty and slightly deranged, but they do seem to want to avoid having a character being truly evil, even though there are plenty of real people throughout history that you can say were evil.  I'm really hoping they do the DO well. I'm eager to see what they come up with. 

17 minutes ago, nsmallw said:

I too wish they'd made Shohreh  in the role of Cadsuane. Hopefully they get another top actress to play Caddy.

I hope they make Elaida nasty and slightly deranged, but they do seem to want to avoid having a character being truly evil, even though there are plenty of real people throughout history that you can say were evil.  I'm really hoping they do the DO well. I'm eager to see what they come up with. 

Hopefully we get Cadsuane. No guarantee of that, especially if they eliminate the Finn and the attendant catfight.

1 hour ago, Jaysen Gore said:

Hopefully we get Cadsuane. No guarantee of that, especially if they eliminate the Finn and the attendant catfight.

I think Moiraine is going, possibly to never cone back, that is the catalyst for so much of Rands growth and development. Cadsuane will come back at that point, personally I am much happier with Shohreh as Elaida she has a much much bigger rold then Cadsuane has in the books, lets be fair Cadsuane basicly spends her time either pissing rand off, or being banished by him. 

29 minutes ago, Scarloc99 said:

I think Moiraine is going, possibly to never cone back, that is the catalyst for so much of Rands growth and development. Cadsuane will come back at that point, personally I am much happier with Shohreh as Elaida she has a much much bigger rold then Cadsuane has in the books, lets be fair Cadsuane basicly spends her time either pissing rand off, or being banished by him. 

See, you're still thinking Rand is the main character of the series. There is very little Cadsuane does that Moiraine wouldn't work better for, you keep your lead actress, and its a byproduct of eliminating the Finns, which is already a possibility.

It's a shame we can't do Polls:

1. Moiraine's book arc remains untouched, and Ms. Pike is about to go fishing for 3 seasons

2. Moiraine's journey ends in a different way, more permanent way, but at the same point in the series

3. Moiraine assumes Cadsuane's role in the show, and they redo all of her and Lan's arcs as a result.

These also happen to be in my order of preference.

Edited by Jaysen Gore

2 hours ago, Jaysen Gore said:

See, you're still thinking Rand is the main character of the series. There is very little Cadsuane does that Moiraine wouldn't work better for, you keep your lead actress, and its a byproduct of eliminating the Finns, which is already a possibility.

It's a shame we can't do Polls:

1. Moiraine's book arc remains untouched, and Ms. Pike is about to go fishing for 3 seasons

2. Moiraine's journey ends in a different way, more permanent way, but at the same point in the series

3. Moiraine assumes Cadsuane's role in the show, and they redo all of her and Lan's arcs as a result.

These also happen to be in my order of preference.

Rafe has stated that the writers had a mouth drip moment when he revealed a major character dies so that leads me to believe he is not keeping her in the show, now she might return but if the Finn are being removed I can see her being dead dead and Lanfer as well. 

3 hours ago, Scarloc99 said:

Rafe has stated that the writers had a mouth drip moment when he revealed a major character dies so that leads me to believe he is not keeping her in the show, now she might return but if the Finn are being removed I can see her being dead dead and Lanfer as well. 

I think Rafe hinted they are having one of Mat's two Finn encounters 

On 9/15/2023 at 1:46 AM, Finnssss22 said:

Pretty sure Verin is not Black in the show and will be taking the Cadsuane role.

I also believe Liandrin will be taking over Verin's "background".

When I originally heard that Shohreh Aghdashloo was being cast, I thought for sure she would be Cadsuane but now it's being said that she will actually play Elaida. So unless they're screwing with us, I 100% see the Verin/Cads/Lian switcharoo.

When Liandrin frees Nyn as she was leaving sealed it for me as this was very akin to Verin's extra help she gave Egwene to hunt the Black Sisters in the books.

I believe Cadsuane was mentioned in passing by an Aes Sedai in one of the WT scenes. I can’t remember which one though; would need to re-watch and update this thread. Anyone else remember noticing that? I was excited to hear it at the time, because I assumed it meant we would meet Cadsuane later, and I enjoyed her character in the books. 

My guess on Verin is that she is a Darkfriend. That’s such a fantastic element of the books that I can’t see it being left out without a good reason. With Verin having a sister named Adelas in the show, I assume Vandene is subsumed in Verin. So with the S2 example of Barthanes being ordered to kill his aunt, and possibly his own mother if necessary, maybe we’ll see Verin struggle with being ordered to kill Adelas?

6 hours ago, Scarloc99 said:

Aside from the EF5 and Lan, I don't think anyone is safe in the TV series. 

17 minutes ago, WoT you say said:

I believe Cadsuane was mentioned in passing by an Aes Sedai in one of the WT scenes. I can’t remember which one though; would need to re-watch and update this thread. Anyone else remember noticing that? I was excited to hear it at the time, because I assumed it meant we would meet Cadsuane later, and I enjoyed her character in the books. 

My guess on Verin is that she is a Darkfriend. That’s such a fantastic element of the books that I can’t see it being left out without a good reason. With Verin having a sister named Adelas in the show, I assume Vandene is subsumed in Verin. So with the S2 example of Barthanes being ordered to kill his aunt, and possibly his own mother if necessary, maybe we’ll see Verin struggle with being ordered to kill Adelas?

Cadsuane was mentioned, but it could just be an easter egg, not foreshadowing. 

And yes, your thoughts on Verin align with mine.

1 hour ago, WoT you say said:

I believe Cadsuane was mentioned in passing by an Aes Sedai in one of the WT scenes.

I think it was mentioned by Elayne.

She was telling Egwene that some of the greatest Aes Sedai pairings happened during their novice period. Can't remember who the other Aes Sedai that was paired with Cadsuane. 

There may have been someone that mentioned that Nynaeve took the test faster than even Cadsuane.... I think.

On 10/23/2023 at 10:28 PM, WoT you say said:

I think in fact Cads has been mentioned in passing at least twice, possibly 3 times now. I know for sure she was mentioned in S1 and then again by Elayne in S2 when talking to Egwene about famous novices living next to each other.

I guess the real determining factor for Cads will be if Moiraine "Dies" or not. Cadsuane doesn't really have a "job" if Mo doesn't as Cad's was pretty much her replacement with Rand starting in book 7.

Edited by Finnssss22