DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

A theory on Moraines Shield/Stilled based on the events of the books (warning book spoilers)

Scarloc99

So in the Great Hunt 

Spoiler

Moraine spends most of the book offscreen "doing stuff" some of which involves her going to Toman head, finding the Seanchan and then rescuing Aes Sedai, this is all explained in about 2 lines of dialogue so is easy to miss. 

Now given that if we are to assume that Moraine is heading in the same direction (having been sent there by Verin's comment about prophecy) would a shield be a handy narrative reason to explain why she can wander amongst the Seanchan without being detected doing on screen what off page she said she did, and, would maybe a nasty thing to do if she was still being a problem to a certain Forsaken be to remove that shield so suddenly she was obvious and could be "collared/gagged"? 

This then means the writers get over a major issue in the books, namely Moraine isn't in the second one, and allow her to walk around the Seanchan doing sneaky Moraine stuff and finding out she can still be powerful without her power. I mean, it is the standard trope for a 2nd marvel movie, somehow take away the hero's powers, make them appreciate there true worth a a hero, and then give them back to them again, and Ishy is manipulative and sadistic enough that rather then kill her he would remove the shield and try and then get her enslaved. 

Honestly, I don't have a solid theory as to where they are going to go with Moraine and how/if they will remove the block. 

I know that its clear from show teasers she will end up in Cairihen at some point. It's assumed she'll end up in Falme at some point if we have any influence from the books. How she will get there, what she will do, how she will influence Rand...who knows!? And it's kind of exciting to me. 

I do hope she gets some sneaky moments. I also freaking hope she apologizes to Lan at some point for being such a brat. >_<

That's a pretty good theory.  What if Ishamsel sees her in Falme and removes her shield.  It would add more drama if she is in distress and is right in the middle of the battle before the horn of valere gets blown. 

I also wonder if they will have Moiraine encounter Lanfear this season to try to build a rivalry between them before their final encounter at the ter'angreal 

5 hours ago, DigificWriter said:

I'm having trouble deleting the quote on mobile.

Non-toxic theorizing is fun. It's what drives active forums and fanbases and generates buzz. Having an unreleased, unfinished book series is part of why these boards used to be so active, because people would guess and theorize. We get to have that again because of the show. This type of speculation is great to have again.

As for the theory itself, I like it. There are neat setup opportunities it allows for.

Edited by Agitel

• Community Administrator
2 hours ago, Agitel said:

I'm having trouble deleting the quote on mobile.

Non-toxic theorizing is fun. It's what drives active forums and fanbases and generates buzz. Having an unreleased, unfinished book series is part of why these boards used to be so active, because people would guess and theorize. We get to have that again because of the show. This type of speculation is great to have again.

As for the theory itself, I like it. There are neat setup opportunities it allows for.

It's a real pain in the ass...

But, if you have access to this

image.png, click it, and delete all the "code" in your post.

Figured that out today!

Does anyone know what moiraine means to do by going back to the WT? She was exiled from the tower but is evidently planning on going to tar valon anyway. How restrictive is the oath of exile and what is her intention? Can she stroll up to the tower, knock on the door, and as long as she doesn’t go inside then it’s all good? Where is siuan and does moiraine believe she is there? I’m guessing she’s going to enter the city and remain incognito but still not sure why she herself needs to go there. Maybe so she will be able to receive reports from verin on her research of the prophecies more quickly? It’s moiraine, so she probably has many reasons and most of them known only to herself. Anyone know what made her decide to go there? It’s probably obvious but I didn’t pick up on it 

4 hours ago, Lightfriendsocialmistress said:

Does anyone know what moiraine means to do by going back to the WT? She was exiled from the tower but is evidently planning on going to tar valon anyway. How restrictive is the oath of exile and what is her intention? Can she stroll up to the tower, knock on the door, and as long as she doesn’t go inside then it’s all good? Where is siuan and does moiraine believe she is there? I’m guessing she’s going to enter the city and remain incognito but still not sure why she herself needs to go there. Maybe so she will be able to receive reports from verin on her research of the prophecies more quickly? It’s moiraine, so she probably has many reasons and most of them known only to herself. Anyone know what made her decide to go there? It’s probably obvious but I didn’t pick up on it 

I am thinking they only went to the tower to "Off Load" Lan.  But now we also have Verin gathering some information for her.  Don't think Moiraine will be sticking around.