DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Amnesia Wednesday

Guire

So 2 days away from season 2 premier. I have a thousand ways I would have done WoTprime differently for my personal enjoyment. I just wasn't willing to part with 50 million US to get my anime adaptation with Critical Role actors doing voice work.  So here we are.  I decided last month to stop my current reread.  I watched season 1 again up through ep 7.  I am head creating ep 8.  I am cleansing my pallette of all my preconceived anger and I am going to try and watch season 2 and WoTprime as its own entity.  I hope we can all get some joy from the show and have many more great conversations about it. 

2 hours ago, Guire said:

So 2 days away from season 2 premier. I have a thousand ways I would have done WoTprime differently for my personal enjoyment. I just wasn't willing to part with 50 million US to get my anime adaptation with Critical Role actors doing voice work.  So here we are.  I decided last month to stop my current reread.  I watched season 1 again up through ep 7.  I am head creating ep 8.  I am cleansing my pallette of all my preconceived anger and I am going to try and watch season 2 and WoTprime as its own entity.  I hope we can all get some joy from the show and have many more great conversations about it. 

Cheers to that! Although I don’t see why you couldn’t just part with a mere 50 million…

I'm going in even fresher than you.  No re-watch of S1.  I will watch the first episode of S2 and if I like it will then watch the 2nd episode.  If I like that as well, then I will go back and watch all of S1 'knowing' that S2 was a vast improvement and I'll just need to live with a weak S1 to fully enjoy the show as a whole.  And as others have said, maybe S2 lifts up S1 through connections, explanations, etc...

1 hour ago, DojoToad said:

I'm going in even fresher than you.  No re-watch of S1.  I will watch the first episode of S2 and if I like it will then watch the 2nd episode.  If I like that as well, then I will go back and watch all of S1 'knowing' that S2 was a vast improvement and I'll just need to live with a weak S1 to fully enjoy the show as a whole.  And as others have said, maybe S2 lifts up S1 through connections, explanations, etc...

Honestly, for me it was better on re-watch. 

2 hours ago, DojoToad said:

@DojoToadYou have a stronger will than I, letting S2E3 just sit there while you go back to re-watch all of season 1. :laugh:

I just re-watched season 1 over the weekend, and I was pleasantly surprised at how solid episodes 1-7 are. If season 2 improves on these episodes, I think it'll be worth the watch.

1 hour ago, VooDooNut said:

@DojoToadYou have a stronger will than I, letting S2E3 just sit there while you go back to re-watch all of season 1. :laugh:

I just re-watched season 1 over the weekend, and I was pleasantly surprised at how solid episodes 1-7 are. If season 2 improves on these episodes, I think it'll be worth the watch.

Ha.  It will only take me a day to watch all of S1 - the wife works Sat, Sun, Mon this weekend...

11 hours ago, DojoToad said:

I’m genuinely eager to see what your feelings about the second season will be! Please fill us in on your opinion of the premiere and whether it is strong enough to determine your desire or lack thereof to continue watching. I always enjoy reading your comments. 

7 hours ago, DojoToad said:
7 hours ago, DojoToad said:

Ha.  It will only take me a day to watch all of S1 - the wife works Sat, Sun, Mon this weekend...

I just have to acknowledge and commend your ability to binge watch something under the right circumstances…I too have a knack for consuming a lot of content in a short period of time in the rare occasions when I’m alone. It’s fantastic…I absolutely wear pajamas the whole day, too.