DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Interesting... maybe...

Luckers

So, anyway, i met up with an Australian author named Jennifer Fallon last night (brilliant woman, her series, especially the Second Sons trilogy, the Hythrun Chronicals and the Tide Lords series are amazing--i put them as being very close to even with the Wheel of Time).

Anyway, we were there and her editor/webgoddess shows up, and anyway foreign publication came up, and it turns out that she is published with Tor in America. Anyway, it turns out that Tor may have been assured that if Robert Jordan cannot continue then Harriet will finish it.

Now, this could very VERY possibly turn out to not be true. I have heard whispers of it elsewhere, but even so--complete hearsay.

It does open for the conversation of would you prefer the series to not be finished or to have Harriet take over. Remember that by all accounts she is a brilliant woman in her own right, a talented editor and someone who has been involved in the series as long as RJ.

Personally i say yes. If its a question of RJ pushing himself to hard towrite this i say that he shouldn't. And that being said i would like to see an ending. So yes, i wouldn't mind RJ finishing the last book.

Yes, definitely. The best option would be for RJ to get better and be able to finish the series himself. But if he can't or won't, then Harriet is the next best person. People who prefer for the series to not be finished by anyone but RJ can easily opt to not read the last book, if it is written by someone else.

But still...I'd prefer if it were finished by RJ himself.

example: Frank herberts dune kicks ***

brian herbert is livign off his daddies name imo

im happy brian herbert finished the series and printed the final book

so yes, if it comes to it harriet finishing the series is ok with me^^

I thought I'd read somewhere that RJ said nobody would finish it if he couldn't. I could be remembering wrong though.

I would be fine with it if she did though. I want to know how the story ends. The Star Wars prequels were horrendous but I watched them anyway for the story. :P

Not that Harriet will necessarily do a bad job, but if it doesn't match RJ that's ok as long as the story gets told.

As long as RJ is ok with someone else finishing his work then I am ok with it too. I can't deny that if RJ did decide not to allow his work to be completed by anyone else I would be very disapointed, but its his call either way and I would respect his decision. However, I would perfer that the series have an ending in any case and if RJ is unable to provide one himself then Harriet would certainly the right person for the job. As luckers said she has been involved with WOT from the begining plus I'm sure that RJ often bounces ideas off of her, so I'd say she knows better than anyone where RJ his headed with this series.

I thought I'd read somewhere that RJ said nobody would finish it if he couldn't. I could be remembering wrong though.

I heard that too via word of mouth but I've never seen an actual quote. Once, well before he was diagnosed with Amyloidosis, when asked what would happen if he died before he finished the series he answered, "All my notes will be burned and my hard drives wiped." More recently, however, he explained that he was only joking and added "I was afraid that someone might decide that another author could get this series finshed more quickly and would decide to bump me off." Moreover, in his interview with Forbes RJ stated that he is open to the idea of someone else finishing WOT, and that the final decision will be up to Harriet and his publisher.

http://www.forbes.com/2006/11/30/robert-jordan-illness-tech-media_cx_hc_books06_1201jordan.html

Archived