DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Scene from season two in season 1 episode 8

bluetear111

I saw it. It appears to be the Darkfriend Social at a manor somewhere. Now we know the context of Ishamael and the little girl in the trailer. 

I presume the child is the daughter of the owner of the manor, or possibly she's the child of one of the Darkfriends,  who it appears could be a Tinker.

There are several mentions in the books of how Forsaken created schools in the War of Power in the conquered areas and sought to "convert" children to the Dark. I think this is a reflection of that. 

The entire scene is very creepy with Padan Fain basically leering at the child the most disturbing. 

It looks as if the showrunners are definitely hyping up the creepy this season which is nice. 

Edited by nsmallw

Thank you whoever found it. very interesting. 

natural assumption was Ish is about to feed the child to the Trolloc. 

But actually I think it is the same child who is playing with Perrin in the trailer. 

could the whole conversation be Ishamael manipulating Perrin's guilt and pacifism?? 

is the child's mother a Tinker? 

- my message in the other forum 

47 minutes ago, Wassup said:

They made sure to show the ring. 

I recall how Bors noticed an Aes Sedai didn’t bother to cover her ring. The one in this scene made it a point to show it because she put it on over her glove. Like, why?

To show that she is BA?

Multiple pedestals with the ancient symbol of the Aes Sedai are standing, and one is toppled. Does this signify the Seven Seals?

I'm counting six total. Though they might have just changed the number of Seals. Or maybe one is just harder to find.

Edited by Agitel

36 minutes ago, Agitel said:

Multiple pedestals with the ancient symbol of the Aes Sedai are standing, and one is toppled. Does this signify the Seven Seals?

I'm counting six total. Though they might have just changed the number of Seals. Or maybe one is just harder to find.

Not all of them have the symbol

5 hours ago, Wassup said:

The one in this scene made it a point to show it because she put it on over her glove. Like, why?

simple bravado. "look how powerful I am. I'm not just a high ranking darkfriend. no, i'm also an aes sedai. i wield power in so many ways, I had to hire a secretary just to remind me of all the different ways I'm powerful"

perhaps also "don't you think of trying a klingon promotion at my expence, i can incinerate you with a thought"

similar considerations for the one wearing the markings of seanchan high blood. probably suroth
and while "bors" called those showing symbols fools, it's not like it actually matters. ok, so you know one of the masked figures at the meeting was black ajah. so what? there are hundreds of aes sedai, you can't identify her. it doesn't really tell you anything.

My concern with the rings is that due to the large coloured gems on the rings it makes it much less of a mystery who Black Ajah are in scenes like this. 

There will only be a small number of Aes Sedai of each ajah who are not glorified extras making it pretty obvious who they are.

image.png.9eb1da27643fbec39fdbfd5fd76c3373.png

Someone picked up the patterns between the star points are different and could indicate the Forsaken.

I think they could be onto something, looking at the patterns above like an analogue clock.. 

1100: looks like a spider crab, 8 limbs - Moggy

1200: no idea, though could be a spider Web?

0200: kinda looks like a snake - 

0300: evil face, big brain? 

0500: looks like angel, something with wings..?

0630: ahem.. kinda looks like.. female anatomy - Graendel

0800: maybe a bee - Sammy, though bees don't make sense for his backstory

0930: evil face with a circle it's chest..?

Thoughts?

Edited by A Memory Of Why

2 hours ago, A Memory Of Why said:

Someone picked up the patterns between the star points are different and could indicate the Forsaken.

I think they could be onto aomething, looking at the patterns above like an analogue clock.. 

Thoughts?

are we thinking we wont't have all 13 forsaken in the show then? 8 is easier to portray for tv? what do we think?

3 hours ago, bluetear111 said:

are we thinking we wont't have all 13 forsaken in the show then? 8 is easier to portray for tv? what do we think?

If I remember correctly Stepin had only 8 statues of the Forsaken in season 1.  I could easily see them reducing/combining several Forsaken. 

Based just off scene we got it is possible Aginor was combined with Ishy as he seemed to hold affection for the Trollocs.  But I might be stretching here.

9 hours ago, A Memory Of Why said:

I think they could be onto something, looking at the patterns above like an analogue clock.. 

Thoughts?

Ishy was standing on top of one of the symbols when Rand released him. His own?

20230803_202437.thumb.jpg.2bcbba5df2851bcad70d9c7373c7494b.jpg

Edited by DaddyFinn

The cold openings in WoT season 1 were always pretty good.  This is no exception.  The trolloc seemed to look a little better in this clip as well.  Better CGI is a huge plus.  

This show has always been able to assemble good clips, but can they put together so many different characters and scenes in a well-scripted manner with good pacing is the real question.  

Maybe this is a stretch but did anyone else notice how no one reacted to the little girl aside from Ishy and Fain?  Even after Ishy starts walking out everyone just stares straight ahead.

Is it possible that Ishy has done something to them to not elicit reactions and the reveal is that Fain has become something more?