DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Great Hunt

DojoToad

Some nice foreshadowing early on in this book I hadn't noticed before.  Siuan and Moiraine were discussing their plans regarding the Dragon reborn - and specifically consequences.  As part of their training they had to memorize all Aes Sedai that had been stilled along with their crimes.  Aes Sedai were usually put out of the Tower after being stilled.  But not if they were also Amyrlin Seat.  They were kept in the Tower as an example - after all, she couldn't be a potential rally point if you saw her doing menial tasks each day - such as scrubbing pots in the kitchen...

Nicely done Mr. Jordan.

Good observation! I’m already looking forward to my next reread especially of the early books to notice and appreciate the foreshadowing and the intricacies layered in the writing. I’m still working my way through only my first reread, so I’m nowhere near the point where the full scope of the story telling has sunk in, but it’s quite clear and mind blowing how much groundwork is being laid and how much thought and detail RJ infused into every aspect of the world he built. It’s honestly baffling to me. I’m reading the words and absorbing the content and completely engrossed in the story but there’s always a part of my attention that is focused on “how the eff did RJ come up with all of this!” It’s beyond simply excellent writing and storytelling, IMO. I don’t know how to articulate what it is, but it hits me as genius level creativity to build a world of that complexity and translate it into words. Sorry for jumping on the original post and then going on a rambling tangent! I don’t have anyone to talk to about this stuff irl and I just needed to say it somewhere!! Thank you WOT community 😊