DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Need Help finding a quote from the books.

Durzan

Okie, so there's a scene early on in the books where a character (I think its Siuan, but not entirely sure), is explaining about the One Power, and how non-channelers are more or less helpless against them in most circumstances. It's phrased like she's mocking someone. What's the exact quote?

Keep thinking it involves something about "Big burly man" but might be getting it confused with another quote from a different series. Anyway, I can't for the life of me find it. Can you guys help me?

28 minutes ago, Durzan said:

Okie, so there's a scene early on in the books where a character (I think its Siuan, but not entirely sure), is explaining about the One Power, and how non-channelers are more or less helpless against them in most circumstances. It's phrased like she's mocking someone. What's the exact quote?

Keep thinking it involves something about "Big burly man" but might be getting it confused with another quote from a different series. Anyway, I can't for the life of me find it. Can you guys help me?

I think it is a talk she has with nynaeve when they are on the boat from shienar to tar valon, in book 2. nynaeve wanted to make a knife of air, or something like that.

not sure if that's what you are referring, but it's in the great hunt, chapter 18.

• 2 weeks later...

You're right. Siuan and the terrible twins from the Two Rivers are discussing the use of the One Power, and Siuan makes a point:

"Useful, wouldn't you say? And it is nothing but Air." The Amyrlin spoke in a conversational tone, as if they were all chatting over tea. "Big man, with his muscles and his sword, and the sword does him as much good as the hair on his chest."

It's when Nynaeve loses her temper and copies exactly what Siuan has done and picks her up - as Siuan has done to her - and pins her against a wall. Siuan is greatly amused by it. 😀

Edited by Kalessin