DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Season 2 Trailer

Looks pretty good imo. Some first thoughts:

+ Seeing Rand and Siuan in the same room is nice. Looks like we might get at least some version of their meeting in the beginning of Great Hunt. Looks like it might happen in Cairhien.

+ Several scenes remind me of book scenes so while there will be differences the story is still there.

+ Overall it looks more "polished" than the first season. Of course a trailer is just a trailer. 

- Not much of Mat in the trailer. Hopefully it's not indicative of his diminished role. 

- Still not sure about the pacifiers on the damane.  

- Looks like there will be more exploding weaves from Nynaeve. 

My observation:

the White Tower looks good. I noticed what looks like someone in a blue dress standing on the third circle up in the tower. Could it be Moiraine returned to the tower somehow?

Turak has a heron marked blade. 

Avienda looks to be fighting Whitecloaks. 

The Seanchan Damane look to be beating up Shienarans. 

Matt is facing the dagger. 

I did not see Padan Fain. 

Somebody is using a fancy flaming sword. 😉

soooooo many book scenes hinted or shown!  I wonder how they can fit them all in with the number of episodes they have without feeling rushed like Season 1?

0:23 seems a darkfriend covenant, but there are 12 seats

0:46 could she be lanfear trying to woo rand?

1:07 is that logain? they brought him back? nice

1:24 looks like perrin with one of his sisters. did they move the return to the two rivers early? more likely a flashback

1:25 siuan and moiraine. they look younger, so it could be a flashback? but we have other scenes with them, so the two are meeting and it could be the present

1:30 looks like out only image of elayne in the trailer

1 hour ago, Guire said:

If you liked season 1 you will like season 2. If you disliked season 1 you will probably dislike 2 for similar reasons.  

You got that all from a 2 minute trailer? Specifically what makes you say that? 

• Community Administrator
4 hours ago, king of nowhere said:

0:23 seems a darkfriend covenant, but there are 12 seats

0:46 could she be lanfear trying to woo rand?

1:07 is that logain? they brought him back? nice

1:24 looks like perrin with one of his sisters. did they move the return to the two rivers early? more likely a flashback

1:25 siuan and moiraine. they look younger, so it could be a flashback? but we have other scenes with them, so the two are meeting and it could be the present

1:30 looks like out only image of elayne in the trailer

wheel-of-time-trailer-darkfriends.png

Also Moraine is fleeing on Mandard not aldieb in trailer. Interesting? 

Wow collars on damane are not metal.  They flex and appear to be painted leather or padded cloth. Wonder if symbols might be owner symbol or what power they excel in performing?

Edited by Guire

2 hours ago, SinisterDeath said:

I've been thinking this is a Forsakin gathering since the teaser and this is just making me feel more stubborn about it.

I noticed two that appear female in the bottom right aren't cloaked (5 & 7).

5 is a darker skinned woman with big red hair - possibly Semihage?

7, long dark hair with a red dress - ??? Not sure. 

Makes sense to cloak the ones we're not going to see for a while, don't need to worry about actors and they can hide their aliases.

Fun trailer, quite enjoyed it. Gives me a bit of hope they're stepping up their game moving forward.

6 hours ago, Elder_Haman said:

You got that all from a 2 minute trailer? Specifically what makes you say that? 

I won't fall into the trap of being the hater that is trying to ruin peoples joy.  The visual style, story emphasis, story voice, and set design appears to be a cleaned up version of season 1.  There is a ton to unpack in that 2 minute trailer.  I have frame by framed it.  Lots of tiny details.  

1 hour ago, A Memory Of Why said:

I've been thinking this is a Forsakin gathering since the teaser and this is just making me feel more stubborn about it.

I noticed two that appear female in the bottom right aren't cloaked (5 & 7).

5 is a darker skinned woman with big red hair - possibly Semihage?

7, long dark hair with a red dress - ??? Not sure. 

Makes sense to cloak the ones we're not going to see for a while, don't need to worry about actors and they can hide their aliases.

Fun trailer, quite enjoyed it. Gives me a bit of hope they're stepping up their game moving forward.

Any idea who or what ishameal is guiding in that scene.

51 minutes ago, Guire said:

Any idea who or what ishameal is guiding in that scene.

I keep hearing about this little person but honestly I missed it, so most likely a Lil greyman 😉

If I had to guess it could be one of those.. somarra? The mind reading shadowspawn servant things, making them children would be a bit creepy.

Though it's probably something obvious, like...

Spoiler

Sammael

1 minute ago, A Memory Of Why said:

I keep hearing about this little person but honestly I missed it, so most likely a Lil greyman 😉

If I had to guess it could be one of those.. somarra? The mind reading shadowspawn servant things, making them children would be a bit creepy.

Though it's probably something obvious, like...

Hide contents

Sammael

It is a child size human shaped.  Appears to have red or blonde hair which could be a hood.  Is left of Ishamael holdind his hand i think with Ish speaking.  Only in about 4 frames.  Easy to miss.

More questions.  What city do we think Rand and Logain are in having their bathrob, hungover, continental breakfast?  

Big question.  Flaming sword piercing myrdrall appears to be in hand of largish gray headed man(possible cloak)?  Features from side dont appear to be Rand.  Sword seems almost like real sword covered in flammable material.  Steve maybe?😆

Sword over Rands shoulder as he walks out to confront Seanchan in Falme(?) Has a sigil on swotd hilt.  Symbol might be heron or dragon.  Different sword than Tams? In perfect place to burn symbol if we get Twice and twice.

Edited by Guire
Spelling

11 hours ago, SinisterDeath said:

I magnified the image, but I still see a single seat where you labeled 5 and 6. then again, other people are accepting it, and it would make sense for them to be 13 anyway, so I assume it's just me and the dark image.

on a side note, why fantasy has to be so dark? it's like ever since game of trones people decided the best way to show it's serious fantasy is to have everything in muted colors.

I was outside when the trailer was released, and I literally could not see half of the scenes. I had to go back home in a dark room before I could make out details.

3 hours ago, notpropaganda73 said:

A bad song can really take you out of a trailer huh

that background song gave me chills. "i'm bigger than this world". makes me feel the weight of rand's responsibilities.

by the way, I can't make out one word in it, so I take the chance to ask:

"I'm bigger than my body

I'm bigger than my ______

I'm bigger than this world"

can someone tell me what's the word I can't understand? thanks

Edited by king of nowhere

I absolutely loved the music. Hope they have more of that during the actual show.

All in all the trailer has me more excited for the show than I was before.

Rand looks scorchingly hot with his shaven head 😁

I've watched a few reactions to the show, and the 2 things that no-one seems to have mentioned so far are:

Perin with the child (except for @king of nowhere here)

Mat. Mat stabbing someone with a sword?

Ok so I've only watched some of the short reactions so far, so will see what the usual bunch like Wot Up and Dusty Wheel say, tonight. If we have electricity.

These things go by too fast for me so it's nice when they freeze frame and explain.

Oh and I love Adison from Everyday Negroes' nickname for the Dark Lady - Baby Mama 🤣🤣

(If you haven't watched their reaction to Season one or the Trailer for Season 2, do yourself a favour and watch! Also JoyScot13. They make the show better for me. And y'all know I wasn't a huge fan of Season 1, despite having a functioning brain and knowing they have to change some things 🙄)

pps @SinisterDeath: are we allowed to give links to the people who react? I can't quite remember.