DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Thank you, Thank you

Heatherbelle

Hello Dragonmount community,

Hopefully some of you will remember me - a post grad student from The University of New England, Armidale, in NSW, Oz. Now 'post doc' as my thesis on the WOT has been accepted - I graduated on April Fool's day! I just wanted to thank again those of you who were kind enough to answer my questions on fandom and the WOT, and who also gave permision for me to use your answers, where applicable, in my work. (Sadly, I couln't fit them all in.) My chapter on cyber communities and fandom was such fun to research and to write up. I called this chapter 'Virtual Storytelling: The Wheel of Time World Wide Web'.

The title of my thesis is: A Web of Words: Pattern and Meaning in Robert Jordan's The Wheel of Time.'

My sincere thanks to you all. Dragonmount is a fantastic cyber community.

Best wishes,

Heatherbelle

Guest Winespring Brother

Heatherbelle, that is so amazing that you wrote a thesis about WoT! Is there any chance that we could get to read some of it? :)

Hi Kathana Trevalaer, Winespring Brother and Angel of Death,

Thanks for your replies which I very much appreciate. At present it's hard for me to post parts of my thesis for you to read as my intention is to now write a few academic papers from my work. However, once my thesis is catalogued in the Dixson library at The University of New England, Armidale, NSW here in Australia students will be able to access it through interlibrary loan. (sometimes a loan is not possible and you would then have to buy a copy - for instance here in Oz we can borrow from the UK but not from the USA)

I worked for close to four years on my thesis - and it's both a relief and a joy to have it finished.

Perhaps you'd be interested in an abstract of my work??

Best wishes,

Heather

• 3 weeks later...

Are you talking about academic papers or something else?! Umm. There is a good page for academic papers perhaps!

Also,you can find some other content on it,such as beautifeel shoes or procaine or hutschenreuther porzellan.

You can search on the homepage try some other keywords,no ads even.these page updated every day.Because of the huge database,it perhaps not very fast,if you don't like it,take it easy.

Archived