DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

spelling

The proper modern spelling is "channeling". Thats the one Jordan uses in the books, and is by far the more common spelling in other contexts.

"Channelling" is sometimes used to describe what psychic mediums do, but even in that context is rarely spelled that way today.

As a side note, "Chaneling" means running around sprinkling numbered French perfumes on people.

What? Who does this?

Oh lots of people! Its a rising fad in suburban US populations. Adolescent gangs will run about the streets, finding people who smell bad (maybe they're mowing the lawn, or playing basketball) and splash them with perfume, then run or drive off.

Chanel no. 9 seems to be the most popular choice. Although a rising preference for Chanel no. 7 has been noted in West Coast areas.

What? Who does this?

Oh lots of people! Its a rising fad in suburban US populations. Adolescent gangs will run about the streets' date=' finding people who smell bad (maybe they're mowing the lawn, or playing basketball) and splash them with perfume, then run or drive off.

Chanel no. 9 seems to be the most popular choice. Although a rising preference for Chanel no. 7 has been noted in West Coast areas.[/quote']

Drive by chaneling!

In lower rent areas like the mid-west, they use Chanel No. 5.

In the south they use Shannia Twaine's Perfume' date=' Shannia. Whoooooooo-Daaaawgy! I Love me some Shannia. Yeeeeee-Haaaaaaaaw![/quote']

I think you might mean 'Shania'.

When you use Her Worships' name, you should spell it correctly, just to avoid any trouble! :wink:

Archived