DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

John Dies at the End

JenniferL

Those of you that I saw in Dallas last weekend, this is the book I was reading. You can read it for free online, or purchase the print version through Cafepress. There are differences to the versions, but only in details. The characters and major events are unchanged.

http://www.johndiesattheend.com/

I know Karana read the online version awhile ago, anyone else?

Guest Karana Majin

*dies*

I loooooove John dies at the end. I spent many an hour at my computer reading that when I should have been doing anything else productive!!

And for people who like online serials, here is perhaps the greatest one I ever read, even if it is unfinished...

http://www.myboot.org/ Read the serial She Hates My Futon. I love it!

And also, John Dies at the End is GREAT! Spooky and creepy and awesome.

Get the print version. John has a baseball bat with a Bible taped to it for a weapon. Go give David some of your money.

And for the rest of you:

A low, pulsing sound emerged from the air around us. An almost-human sound that was utterly without humanity. A laugh. A dry, humorless cough of a sound, as if the house itself was expelling the air with giant lungs of wood and plaster.

They love to play games, don't they? It's all they have time for.

We both knew the drill. We had to draw the thing out into the open again, get something we could see and touch and cut and set on fire. John handed me his lighter.

"You light some candles. I'll go stand in the shower naked."

Molly followed me as I went back to where we left the boom box and the other supplies. I lit a few candles around the house - just enough to make it spooky. John showered, I found another bathroom and washed the sludge off my shoes and feet.

"Oh, no!" I heard John say loudly over the running water. "The power has gone out and here I am in the shower! Alone! I'm so naked and vulnerable!"

Guest Winespring Brother

"...here I am in the shower! Alone! I'm so naked and vulnerable!"

:o What kind of story is this???

• 2 weeks later...

John Dies at the End is one long acid-fuelled, hilarious, occasionally petrifying horror/fantasy romp. (Am I the only one who found it scary? Sorry.) I could spend hours talking about the distilled essence of brilliant in this story, but you should read it yourself instead. :D

Guest Karana Majin

No! I found it to be scary in parts too. I was reading it alone one night and had to stop.

Seriously, Sirayn, if you liked JDatE, try the www.myboot.org that I suggested. Really nice, tight writing in that one, too.

• 1 month later...

Wong's currently working on a sequel. He posted a teaser on his front page last night.

"We counted 964 stab wounds."

John bent over and examined the corpse. He asked, "Did you find a cell phone on him?"

The detective nodded.

"Okay. Way I figure it, the first thing you do in a case like this is figure out whether the guy deserved it. For instance, I was at a movie last weekend and an hour into the film, the asshole in front of me pulls out his cell phone and makes a call. You understand what I'm sayin'? It's not like he forgot about his phone and it rang. He actually pulled it out and dialed the number. 'Franky? It's me. Yeah, I'm watchin' that Superman movie...' I mean, I can see stabbin' that guy a thousand times, no problem. This guy's phone, was it crammed up his anus? Because if it was I'm thinking this may be the same guy."

I closed my eyes and ran my hand through my hair.

There's more, but I can't repost it here.

http://www.pointlesswasteoftime.com/

Archived