DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Favorite TV Character and Why

As a show-only fan, my favorite character is Moiraine, especially with where the writers have taken her thus far. By crafting her Season 2 story based on the idea that she's been Stilled, the writers are giving her an arc that befits their decision to tell the story of WoT, at least for the foreseeable future, from her perspective even when we're seeing things that she's not present for and that revolve around other characters.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/4/2023 at 12:04 PM, DigificWriter said:

As a show-only fan, my favorite character is Moiraine, especially with where the writers have taken her thus far. By crafting her Season 2 story based on the idea that she's been Stilled, the writers are giving her an arc that befits their decision to tell the story of WoT, at least for the foreseeable future, from her perspective even when we're seeing things that she's not present for and that revolve around other characters.

Not read any books, but my favorite is Moriane, 1st Matt, liandrin, Allana. Sivan was good but she wasn't in many episodes to really judge. Matt was the only one of the 2 rivers who wasn't too whiney and I liked that he was funny.

• 3 weeks later...

Now that S2 is finished I’m changing my answer… 

❤️‍🔥 Lanfear. 
All these years, and the Innkeeper at the Dusty Wheel, Matt Hatch, was right. 
Lanfear is indeed the best WoT character. In this turning of the wheel, I hope she gets Rand and wins! 

And how good was that intro to Moggy? Someone should make a “Moggy can 🕸️ me, anytime!” T-Shirt. She may be the hit of S2. 

And here’s to hoping they cast Alexandra Daddario as Graendal 🍻

Edited by DreadLord31

2 hours ago, DreadLord31 said:

Now that S2 is finished I’m changing my answer… 

❤️‍🔥 Lanfear. 
All these years, and the Innkeeper at the Dusty Wheel, Matt Hatch, was right. 
Lanfear is indeed the best WoT character. In this turning of the wheel, I hope she gets Rand and wins! 

And how good was that intro to Moggy? Someone should make a “Moggy can 🕸️ me, anytime!” T-Shirt. She may be the hit of S2. 

And here’s to hoping they cast Alexandra Daddario as Graendal 🍻

Natasha was certainly the stand out of this season.  I cannot wait to see more of her and whomever else they cast for the rest of the forsaken.  Say what you will about the rest of the show but so far they have the portrayal of the forsaken is far better than the books.

Geofram Bornhald was a stand up guy. He was good enough to bend his faith to advice Moiraine to seek AS healing in Season 1. Then his company was the only one who responded to the Seanchan threat against stronger odds. In a show where so many characters are portrayed gray it was refreshing to have a morally strong guy around.

I also liked the Yellow Aes Sedai and her warder. Similarly strong characters who sacrificed themselves to help the young ones escape.