DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

S2 Fan Favorite Predictions

Let me get things started ... ***major major spoilers by the way ***

Spoiler

Episode 1: A Taste of Solitude - 

We're going to see Nynaeve and Egwene in the White Tower - separated - angry and lonely, Egwene is going to get punished and sent to the kitchens. Matt is going to be miserable in the Tower, in the Dungeons, and we're going to get some explanation of why he is there and looks different and is miserable. Seperation from the dagger is killing him (this will lead to Nyn and Eg eventually busting him loose and headed West). We'll get some cool new looks at the One Power and training. We're also going to see Rand taking off, I think with Lan and Moiraine, for Cairhien. 

Episode 2: Eyes without Pity (?) 

We're going to the see the Dark-friend social as the cold-open. Introduction to Ishy being in the ear, appearing in all the scenes with prominent Darkfriends (like Suroth). We're going to see Nyn take the Accepted test (clothed - change from books - good change if you ask me!) 

Episode 3: Daughter of the Night (??) 

Lanfear!! Egwene and Nyn "escaping" the Tower with Matt. Moiraine/Lan/Rand head to Cairhien. More looks at the Seanchan and Suroth? 

Episode 4: Strangers and Friends (?) 

Moiraine/Lan/Rand in Cairhien - politics - intrigue - Perrin "rescuing" Avi from a cage; more of a look/dialogue about the Aiel and the Tinkers - war or peace? 

Episode 5: Sheathing the Sword (???)

Finally we see Lan train Rand with the sword. Already foreshadowing/laying ground-work for Final Season. Perrin/Loial captured by Seanchan. 

Episode 6: Damane (??)

Egwene, Matt, Nyn try to rescue the captured crew. Egwene gets collared. Seanchan heavily featured. Deep dive into their culture/philosophy.

Episode 7: What Might Be (??)

Flicker. Flicker. Flicker. (Man I hope so). Lan/Moiraine/Rand/Lanfear take portal stones to Falme.

Episode 8: The Grave is No Bar to My Call (???)

Battle of Falme. Avi kicking butt, not taking names. Matt blowing the horn. Nyn kicking butt, freeing Eggy. Perrin taking names, kicking no butt. Here is my biggest prediction... Rand sword fights "the Dark One" (Ishy) and is stabbed. He "dies". The season ends. 

Edited by DreadLord31
spoiler alert

Here is a few predictions I have for what they're worth, especially with regards to changes:

Spoiler

1)  Perrin will end up fighting High Lord Turok, rather than Rand at the end.  I guess I really want him to get a really big moment in the series by S2.
2) Liandrin will trick Nynaeve, Elayne, and Egwene to go through the Ways. Mat will end up following them with Verin.
3) Lanfear will only be a short presence in this season, but will be more in future seasons. Ishy will be the most seen Foresaken this season.

1 hour ago, WhiteVeils said:

Here is a few predictions I have for what they're worth, especially with regards to changes:

Reveal hidden contents

1)  Perrin will end up fighting High Lord Turok, rather than Rand at the end.  I guess I really want him to get a really big moment in the series by S2.
2) Liandrin will trick Nynaeve, Elayne, and Egwene to go through the Ways. Mat will end up following them with Verin.
3) Lanfear will only be a short presence in this season, but will be more in future seasons. Ishy will be the most seen Foresaken this season.

Spoiler

I forgot about Elayne being in this season... But I bet you they introduce her in Ep1 & she's immediately friends with Egwene/they start building that up for relationship drama later on. 

I don’t necessarily have any predictions, more like curiosity about how major plot points in the book may or may not be translated to the screen. For example: Will we see the aes sedai show up en mass lead by siuan early on? The time spent with ingtar tracking the horn, and the progression of his arc, and also hurans character. I wonder if we’ll see on screen what we didn’t see on page regarding tam and Abel (based on the show portrayal of Abel I’m not sure if he would be the one accompanying tam) traveling to the tower, not only because it’s good storytelling but also because I don’t know if they want entire seasons without at least some time spent on each important character. Eg and nyn. Will they incorporate the portal stones and flicker sequence? Lanfear/Selene. How will falme be handled, from the girls being lured there to Egwenes capture to the battle and the blowing of the horn, not to mention reuniting all of the key players. It’s a lot of content but there isn’t enough time for everything considering book 3 needs to be covered as well, and so do things that happened in the show that weren’t in the books but will need to be addressed (moiraine losing her connection to the OP, Rand wanting to be presumed dead, mat not entering the ways with the others, and we haven’t even been introduced to Elayne in the show yet, lan and nyneaves relationship has been accelerated. So many extra “not exactly source material” plot points that were introduced in season one will need to take time to be expanded upon. Between that and the (IMO essential) content from book 2, I’m just extremely curious to see what kind of story will be told in season 2, especially considering that (if I understand correctly) book 3 is also going to be covered in season 2. I don’t feel qualified to formulate any predictions regarding how the massive amount of content will be adapted, condensed and portrayed in 8 episodes, but I am very interested to find out. 

10 hours ago, Lightfriendsocialmistress said:

Between that and the (IMO essential) content from book 2, I’m just extremely curious to see what kind of story will be told in season 2, especially considering that (if I understand correctly) book 3 is also going to be covered in season 2.

If you read the EW article where the first look photos came from - S3 will not "be covered" - but they're going to pull in stuff from other books (have to to adapt something this size). But there's pretty strong evidence that S2 is going to end with Falme (because they released what pics were tied to what episodes). 

11 hours ago, Lightfriendsocialmistress said:

I don’t necessarily have any predictions, more like curiosity about how major plot points in the book may or may not be translated to the screen. For example: Will we see the aes sedai show up en mass lead by siuan early on? The time spent with ingtar tracking the horn, and the progression of his arc, and also hurans character. I wonder if we’ll see on screen what we didn’t see on page regarding tam and Abel (based on the show portrayal of Abel I’m not sure if he would be the one accompanying tam) traveling to the tower, not only because it’s good storytelling but also because I don’t know if they want entire seasons without at least some time spent on each important character. Eg and nyn. Will they incorporate the portal stones and flicker sequence? Lanfear/Selene. How will falme be handled, from the girls being lured there to Egwenes capture to the battle and the blowing of the horn, not to mention reuniting all of the key players. It’s a lot of content but there isn’t enough time for everything considering book 3 needs to be covered as well, and so do things that happened in the show that weren’t in the books but will need to be addressed (moiraine losing her connection to the OP, Rand wanting to be presumed dead, mat not entering the ways with the others, and we haven’t even been introduced to Elayne in the show yet, lan and nyneaves relationship has been accelerated. So many extra “not exactly source material” plot points that were introduced in season one will need to take time to be expanded upon. Between that and the (IMO essential) content from book 2, I’m just extremely curious to see what kind of story will be told in season 2, especially considering that (if I understand correctly) book 3 is also going to be covered in season 2. I don’t feel qualified to formulate any predictions regarding how the massive amount of content will be adapted, condensed and portrayed in 8 episodes, but I am very interested to find out. 

Some of the changes in S1 are to shorten things this Season.  But I can make a few solid predicitons on this stuff if you like.

Will we see the aes sedai show up en mass lead by siuan early on

They will, but not likely to a place where Rand is. We saw a screenshot of a magnificent Suian getting out of a carriage.  It may be returning to Tar Valon after Camelyn or some cold open, but it is Suian.

The time spent with ingtar tracking the horn, and the progression of his arc,

Perrin is traveling with Ingtar. We will see Ingtar's story with Perrin's story arc.  We don't know when/if Rand will intersect that.

and also hurans character. 

Hurin is not in it. His character will be combined with Elyas. We've seen screenshots of Elyas with Perrin's group, and he can teach Perrin about Wolfbrothers.

I wonder if we’ll see on screen what we didn’t see on page regarding tam and Abel.

I don't think Abell Cauthon counts as an important character, and the actor wasn't hired for S2.  We'll see and advance his character in S3.  Plus this isn't in the books on screen anyway.

Will they incorporate the portal stones and flicker sequence?

We don't know. It is a very popular sequence and people want it, but it is also something extremely difficult/impossible to film.  So we don't know what they'll have there.  My personal belief is that they will combine portal stones and Waygates so there are fewer magic transportation systems to deal with, but I have no evidence except the different shape of the Waygate for the show.

Lanfear/Selene. 

From the episode names, she almost certainly will be present in some format.

How will falme be handled, from the girls being lured there to Egwenes capture to the battle and the blowing of the horn, not to mention reuniting all of the key players.

This will be the climax of the season. Book 3 will only have limited parts of it in the season that have been pulled forward: Likely, Mat's arc and Perrin/Gaul. Maybe a few other things. 

The end of the season will be to start towards a more-book similar Shadow Rising in S3.  So what we mainly need to get to is:

Perrin acknowledging his wolf powers to a degree and ready to head home to the Two Rivers.  Whitecloaks ready to hunt Perrin in the Two Rivers.
Mat having a bit of his dice luck and some sort of memory loss or trauma that would drive him towards the Redstone Doorframe. Also, likely, Mat having blown the Horn of Valere.
Rand publicly acknowledging that he is the Dragon Reborn and being ready to go to the Aiel to figure out the next step/make his own army.  'The World' having seen that the Dragon really is Reborn.
Egwene ready to go with the Aiel Wise Women, likely because she's already been identified by them as having a dream talent.
Nynaeve and Elayne having had some interaction about Black Ajah and more ready to hunt them than to go back to the Tower.

Everything else is pretty variable.

19 minutes ago, WhiteVeils said:

The end of the season will be to start towards a more-book similar Shadow Rising in S3. 

So skipping book 3, the Dragon Reborn, for the most part in your opinion? No Stone of Tear battle? 

I guess Egwene already "healed death" (and it was a good thing?) ... So Mo doesn't have to scold Rand about how evil that is! 

Seriously, that was the part of the Finale that I just threw up my hands and went, "you've got to be kidding me". The writers, directors, show-runner, consultants - I lost all faith in them - 

Hopefully S2 steps it up!

@WhiteVeils do you think we'll get Callandor at some point in S3 or not at all?

Edited by DreadLord31

4 hours ago, DreadLord31 said:

So skipping book 3, the Dragon Reborn, for the most part in your opinion? No Stone of Tear battle? 

I guess Egwene already "healed death" (and it was a good thing?) ... So Mo doesn't have to scold Rand about how evil that is! 

Seriously, that was the part of the Finale that I just threw up my hands and went, "you've got to be kidding me". The writers, directors, show-runner, consultants - I lost all faith in them - 

They are certainly merging storylines from book 2 and 3.  I imagine storylines from both will be cut or moved around.  I personally don't think we will get Callandor or tear until season 4.  Others think we will get it in the back half of season 2.

12 hours ago, WhiteVeils said:

Some of the changes in S1 are to shorten things this Season.  But I can make a few solid predicitons on this stuff if you like.

They will, but not likely to a place where Rand is. We saw a screenshot of a magnificent Suian getting out of a carriage.  It may be returning to Tar Valon after Camelyn or some cold open, but it is Suian.

Perrin is traveling with Ingtar. We will see Ingtar's story with Perrin's story arc.  We don't know when/if Rand will intersect that.

Hurin is not in it. His character will be combined with Elyas. We've seen screenshots of Elyas with Perrin's group, and he can teach Perrin about Wolfbrothers.

I don't think Abell Cauthon counts as an important character, and the actor wasn't hired for S2.  We'll see and advance his character in S3.  Plus this isn't in the books on screen anyway.

We don't know. It is a very popular sequence and people want it, but it is also something extremely difficult/impossible to film.  So we don't know what they'll have there.  My personal belief is that they will combine portal stones and Waygates so there are fewer magic transportation systems to deal with, but I have no evidence except the different shape of the Waygate for the show.

From the episode names, she almost certainly will be present in some format.

This will be the climax of the season. Book 3 will only have limited parts of it in the season that have been pulled forward: Likely, Mat's arc and Perrin/Gaul. Maybe a few other things. 

The end of the season will be to start towards a more-book similar Shadow Rising in S3.  So what we mainly need to get to is:

Perrin acknowledging his wolf powers to a degree and ready to head home to the Two Rivers.  Whitecloaks ready to hunt Perrin in the Two Rivers.
Mat having a bit of his dice luck and some sort of memory loss or trauma that would drive him towards the Redstone Doorframe. Also, likely, Mat having blown the Horn of Valere.
Rand publicly acknowledging that he is the Dragon Reborn and being ready to go to the Aiel to figure out the next step/make his own army.  'The World' having seen that the Dragon really is Reborn.
Egwene ready to go with the Aiel Wise Women, likely because she's already been identified by them as having a dream talent.
Nynaeve and Elayne having had some interaction about Black Ajah and more ready to hunt them than to go back to the Tower.

Everything else is pretty variable.

Thank you, very helpful and informative! I don’t know where I got the idea that book 3 was being incorporated in season two, but if it’s not, looks like the future seasons will have to consolidate the events in the books even more!

On 5/27/2023 at 3:18 PM, DreadLord31 said:

No stone of Tear battle this season, most likely.  That doesn't mean we never go there...we just don't go there this season.  
Egwene didn't heal death....there was an unfortunate problem where the makeup was too strong. Right now, based on some hints given by Sarah Nakamura, I think what Egwene did was use a very primitive version of the Flame of Tar Valon weave to 'heal' Nynaeve's pattern from the brink of death.  However, since this is not correct or standard healing, she won't be able to heal anyone else until she figures out what she did at the very end of the last season.  It may be a running theme with her...keeping her healing in line with the books (which is poor) because you can't learn a weave you've learned 'wrong'.   
What happened in the finale was not great....there were serious changes made day of filming because a sudden lockdown meant that the intimacy coaches couldn't be on set, and even Nynaeve and Egwene's actors couldn't be on set together that day of filming.  Egwene was supposed to heal Nynaeve with literal, plain old, CPR and/or herbs.  But that didn't work because of the Covid lockdown and they had to substitute a dummy and use magic healing.  The Flame of Tar Valon weave will be a bit of a justification after the fact, but it could work well and foreshadow the end anyway.  Just a different part of it...not Nynaeve and Alanna, but Egwene's final arc.

I don't know if we get Callandor in S3 or not. We will probably start hearing about it, though.

3 hours ago, WhiteVeils said:

What happened in the finale was not great....there were serious changes made day of filming because a sudden lockdown meant that the intimacy coaches couldn't be on set, and even Nynaeve and Egwene's actors couldn't be on set together that day of filming.  Egwene was supposed to heal Nynaeve with literal, plain old, CPR and/or herbs.  But that didn't work because of the Covid lockdown and they had to substitute a dummy and use magic healing. 

Whats your source/where are you getting all of that info?? 

I find it all quite interesting ... 

I had given up on DM, the Dusty Wheel, all of it because the Finale had such huge and unnecessary changes. But I've recently come back to the Light because I think everyone gets a "COVID" pass. WoT S1 included. And, S1 did have it's moments ... Like the Ep7 cold open. 

Here's to hoping we get a whole lot more of Aiel fighting... 

20 hours ago, DreadLord31 said:

Whats your source/where are you getting all of that info?? 

I find it all quite interesting ... 

I had given up on DM, the Dusty Wheel, all of it because the Finale had such huge and unnecessary changes. But I've recently come back to the Light because I think everyone gets a "COVID" pass. WoT S1 included. And, S1 did have it's moments ... Like the Ep7 cold open. 

Here's to hoping we get a whole lot more of Aiel fighting... 

Some of it I've gotten from Rafe Q&As or other sources like behind the scenes comments or reveals.  Some I've put together.  Like the scene in Episode 1 where Nynaeve was teaching Egwene that was cut but we have some promo materials showing the location + Rafe Q&A talking about having to change the script due to COVID and how the makeup on Nynaeve was way more than intended, and the timing that people weren't allowed on set and every set had to be stripped down to the very minimum number of persons to get the scenes done we've gotten from director interviews. Like that.

There's a number of things I forgot in my initial post/predictions about S2 based on our latest Intel. 

For example:

We know that Episode One is titled: "A Taste of Solitude" 

I think the cold open is going to be Liandrin & mystery man (Forsaken - Rahvin) & there's going to be some dialogue about the Dragon being revealed/reborn & about setting a "trap" for him and his friends.  

I think then we're going to get Matt being captured by the Reds, being "tortured" which we then later find out is really him being "healed" and that'll be the explanation for why he looks different too. 

I think Egwene will be "punished" and make friends with Elayne & we'll get an info dump that even "royalty" gets punished in the WT & treated the same as everyone else. 

Hmmm what else?

5 hours ago, DreadLord31 said:

There's a number of things I forgot in my initial post/predictions about S2 based on our latest Intel. 

For example:

We know that Episode One is titled: "A Taste of Solitude" 

I think the cold open is going to be Liandrin & mystery man (Forsaken - Rahvin) & there's going to be some dialogue about the Dragon being revealed/reborn & about setting a "trap" for him and his friends.  

I think then we're going to get Matt being captured by the Reds, being "tortured" which we then later find out is really him being "healed" and that'll be the explanation for why he looks different too. 

I think Egwene will be "punished" and make friends with Elayne & we'll get an info dump that even "royalty" gets punished in the WT & treated the same as everyone else. 

Hmmm what else?

Good points!  I just had a sudden memory of hearing something that I’m not sure whether it’s actually true or if I was dream walking in TAR and reading dissolving documents in elaidas study. Was it stated somewhere by the show runners that there were going to be entire episodes devoted to specific characters and their arcs and excluding others? If I’m remembering correctly, and I admit I might have this wrong, S2 is going to at some points focus on one thing(or limited)/person per episode, at least for some episodes. 

4 hours ago, Lightfriendsocialmistress said:

Good points!  I just had a sudden memory of hearing something that I’m not sure whether it’s actually true or if I was dream walking in TAR and reading dissolving documents in elaidas study. Was it stated somewhere by the show runners that there were going to be entire episodes devoted to specific characters and their arcs and excluding others? If I’m remembering correctly, and I admit I might have this wrong, S2 is going to at some points focus on one thing(or limited)/person per episode, at least for some episodes. 

Rafe has said something like "each main character will have their own episode".  I guess other main characters will also be in them but one or two are focused on.

Edited by DaddyFinn