DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Inspiration for the Whitecloaks?

Kalessin

Everybody knows about Robert Jordan's military service in Vietnam. I am hoping, for the sake of his reputation, that that was all it was restricted to. I've just come across a nasty little secret about the war that that war criminal and all-out creep Henry Kissinger started against Cambodians in Cambodia.

https://theintercept.com/2023/05/23/henry-kissinger-cambodia-bombing-survivors/

I assume everybody knows the Questioners express RJ's view of the CIA as he saw them in Vietnam. I wonder if Shaidar Haran was his view of Henry Kissinger, assuming he did actually know of the crime against peace and humanity that the US was waging against Cambodian civilians in the border region.

The Whitecloaks were more than that.  RJ said the Whitecloaks were like Nazi's, Teutonic Knights, etc.  People who claimed to know the truth and anyone who didn't blindly agree with them were wrong.  Their way is the only way.

3 hours ago, Sabio said:

The Whitecloaks were more than that.  RJ said the Whitecloaks were like Nazi's, Teutonic Knights, etc.  People who claimed to know the truth and anyone who didn't blindly agree with them were wrong.  Their way is the only way.

I can think of a lot of institutions and individuals who have this belief even in today’s world. Too many, unfortunately…

3 hours ago, Sabio said:

Not only wrong, but needed to be squashed. No differing opinions allowed to exist 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...