DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

HEAVY SPOILERS! What events from the books are you most hoping to see?

We WOT book readers have already had to accept that many of the things we wanted to see translated from book to screen are not going to happen, be it budget issues or limited episodes or simply that the vision of the show creator(s) and what they consider important differ in various ways from our own. That being said, in an ideal world, what are some of your top moments from the books that you would especially like to see portrayed on the show? Or were looking forward to seeing that didn’t pan out in season one? 
I’ll start with a few of my own. I really hope to see the flicker scene and unlike many of you, I actually would like to see the portal stone dimension(s) in one way or another. The world of the Finns, and TAR. The testing terangreal for the AS and in Rhuidean. I’m not sure if these are easily translated to the screen, so I’m not holding my breath, but hopefully the essential content will be worked into it somehow. In terms of scenes that for me profoundly impacted my experience of the books and hopefully are doable…I gotta see dumais wells (as traumatic as it is), nyn healing stilling/gentling, cleansing saidin, Rand coming from rhuidean at dawn to fulfill the aiel prophecy, Cadsuane and her depth of character and nuances, the battle of the people of the two rivers against all odds, mat blowing the horn of valere, the forsaken visits to each other and the pit of doom (thakandar?) and really so many more but I’ll leave it here (for now). Anyone else, especially upon learning that the books were being adapted into a show, who envisioned certain scenes cinematically and if so, which ones? And/or characters that you hope make the cut from books to show?

• Community Administrator

@Lightfriendsocialmistress
There is a guide here, on how to put things behind spoilers.

As of now, I have marked this thread as full book spoilers, so it's currently a "read at your own risk" topic, so you don't have to worry about using spoiler tags.

• SinisterDeath changed the title to HEAVY SPOILERS! What events from the books are you most hoping to see?

I am most looking forward to

Spoiler

the coup at the White Tower from The Shadow Rising. I can't wait to see the exchange between Siuan and Elaida (and we haven't even seen Elaida on screen yet), but I imagine that exchange to be incredibly well done based on the actors. I just felt like that was the moment everything turned in the novels and that was the moment no one was safe (for me).

I loved the way that one played out and hope they do that moment and aftermath justice and don't merely gloss over it or leave it out entirely. I feel like it should at least be on a level with or surpass S1.E4 in terms of impact and drama and have as much action as S1.E8

On 5/22/2023 at 8:00 AM, king of nowhere said:

the end.
i'd really like to see the end of the books. you know, because it would mean that the tv show does not get canceled halfway. and if it does not get canceled, it probably means the quality was at least passable

Agreed. But in terms of specific scenes?

• Dumai's Wells
  • Egwene and Verin
  • Rand's final scene with Tam
  • Mat and the Gholam
  • Taim's betrayal
  • Lan vs. Demandred in the Last Battle.
  • Nyn vs. Moggy

I also want a good Mat & Tuon arc (I think I'm in the minority of folks who would like to see a Tuon redemption). I want a cleaned up Perrin/Faile arc. I want the Wolfdream. Just off the top of my head.

2 hours ago, Elder_Haman said:

Agreed. But in terms of specific scenes?

• Dumai's Wells
  • Egwene and Verin
  • Rand's final scene with Tam
  • Mat and the Gholam
  • Taim's betrayal
  • Lan vs. Demandred in the Last Battle.
  • Nyn vs. Moggy

I also want a good Mat & Tuon arc (I think I'm in the minority of folks who would like to see a Tuon redemption). I want a cleaned up Perrin/Faile arc. I want the Wolfdream. Just off the top of my head.

Except for the wolf dream, I'm with you.

19 hours ago, Elder_Haman said:

That sounds good. I would love a good Tuon Redemption and a good Mat/Tuon arc.  Jordan died before he could write Outriggers, and Sanderson wrapped the series up as quickly as he felt he could, so that redemption was cut out. But I think it actually shortens and simplifies aspects of the story to have a Tuon redemption arc, so I hope that's what they choose to do.

I love your answers. I thought of a few more. I would love to see bela acknowledged in some way. Also it’s a minor and quickly resolved scene in the book, but for some reason I loved when Thom apparently kills (Cadsuane is it?) while guarding Rand and crew during last battle and we then learn that he knows it was an imposter. The rape bonding of Rand by Alanna if done correctly. A scene in a stedding. Somehow working lini and her sayings in. Meeting birgitte and everything about her. Mat and olver. Black tower from inception to the full evolution. Elayne testing a certain terangreal 😂