DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Well howdy!

DragynFli

New guy here, checkin in.

I've been reading fantasy since I was in grade school (many seasons ago) and was immediately hooked. Started out with stand alone books, then graduated to trilogies. Then I discovered the Death Gate Cycle. Seven books...wow. Couldn't get enough.

Then a friend of mine in Japan (military guy here) gave me a copy of 'Eye of the World'. Been glued to the WoT world ever since. Hands down, the best set of books I've ever laid eyes upon.

See yall 'round.

Drag

Guest Egwene

You say all the right things, DragynFli :D

I don't think I have ever got as intrigued by a series of books as much as the Wot. Check out the book discussion boards... I was amazed once I started reading them, jusy how many small observations I had missed... despite several re-reads.

Have you read the Empire Trilogy by Feist/Wurts? They are my second favourite series of fantasy books.

You say all the right things' date=' DragynFli :D [/quote']

besides giving an oath to be active? ;)

welcome! i adore your screenname. it gets harder & harder to find a good one. i never tried, myself. i do have a question - what are you looking for from this site?

Egwene-

Nope, I haven't read that series, but I'm always on the lookout for a new read.

kait-

Should I grasp the Oath Rod before I swear an oath of activity or will you take my word for it?

Thanks. I've been using this screenie since Yahoo first was...it's also from my days playing FPSs and then MMORPGs.

As far as what I want from this site? The basics I suppose. A place to collaborate with like minds. A place to discuss all things WoT (and some things not). I also like to read others people's views and interpretations on different aspects of the story.

Guest Egwene

DM is definately a place that lets you be involved as much or as little as you want :D

If you like book recommendations, Dragyn, there are several threads on the General Discussion Board with pages and pages of good ones. Just scroll down the threads there and you'll soon spot them. Only problem is... you'll find your amazon wish list growing alarmingly :)

i can swear to that ^ 8)

careful grasping the Oath Rod. someone might take it for pre-initiation into the WT Org. i was just asking because it helps us know where to point you next.

correct me if i'm wrong :)

this server has three levels: administrator, moderator, & user (registered & unregistered). depending on how active you are over certain periods of time & in certain places, you can get promoted to expand how much control you have over different areas. it's really good to pay attention to what the forums on the main page have in their descriptions; those have undergone balefire so many times they can't be wrong. but if they are, do some funny dance & people will come running to see the commotion.

DM.COM has two main divisions: the ORG side and the RPG side. both divisions adhere to the WoT series.

if you're more serious about role-playing you should look at the RPG side. in which case, you should listen to everything eggy says because i haven't had the chance to get into that side of things, myself. i do know they have a ball of fun.

me, i like the ORG side. different ORGs are serious about different aspects of the books. i also find them easy & fun to get into.

also, you're not limited to one side. like you've already noticed, the discussion boards are always open to anyone at any time (though you could find your posts changing or disappearing at times depending on who is on at certain times). you can join both at once, but the amount of time commitment that takes sounds formidable. the people who have been active on both sides are the ones who do a lot of the administrative work. the moderators do lots of legwork because newbies like making them run around extra-much (or so i've heard ... *dons innocent newbie face*).

anyways. that's my bit for now, but really take this thread by the neck. it's yours for as long as you consider yourself a newbie here at DM.COM. we really try to answer all your questions so if you want clarification or more specific tips, keep doing what you've been doing & let us know here! *hugs* ... welcome again!

-kait

Guest Egwene

Just to expand on a couple of things that Kait has mentioned...

If posts dissapear or change it is due to either

-technical hic-up

-infringement of forum rules

-offensive words auto filter

As for the so-called promotions... Many (though not all) of the Orgs have rank structures specific to them. What you have to do to achieve them is explained on their boards. As for becoming a Mod or Admin. That is really a case of a vacancy for one becoming available and the Admins picking you for the job because they think you'd be good at it.

Check out the info thread here on the Newbie Board if you want to know a bit more about each Board before going there.

Welcome! Glade to see Egwene and kait were so helpful to you XD.

Whether for glory in battle or seeking wisdom make sure to check out the Aiel Org!

we also have the hardest liquor^^ and if your into RP we just opened up a rp area to our private boards^^

/hands over Oosquai

Welcome to DM!

Each of the ORGs cover something different. If you love music and travel, then the Band of the Red Hand is for you. Oh, and our Battle Brew is a lot better than that liquor of the Aiel! If you want to chat about entertainment (TV, Films, Games), then check out the Seanchan!

But whatever you do, make sure you have fun here!

Guest Emperor

Wait, wait... I thought the Band was TV and movies and the Seanchan were music and travel. I guess the newbie will just have to check them both out to be sure.

Ummm Kait is a girl.

Done.

Since when is Kait EVER that helpful?

On another note' date=' welcome![/quote']

*narrows eyes* ... dark take you. be grateful i'm swimming in hockey-fanatism atm.

i love all of your posts, empy. still. *sticks out tongue* ... play nice, hmm? or at least fiddle if you're gonna stir things up.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived