DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Lego Waygate

• 2 weeks later...
  • Community Administrator
4 hours ago, Cipher said:

Considering that the show aims at a mature audience I don't think Legos has the same demographic as WoT.  Not as bad as Game of Thrones Legos would be, but.....

I don't think you know your demographics as well as you think you do... 

5 hours ago, SinisterDeath said:

LOL.  Personally the design doesn't do anything for me - wouldn't buy this particular set.  But if the right design/set comes along, I wouldn't hesitate to spend $50, $100, $200 for Legos.

10 hours ago, SinisterDeath said:

None of the adults I know collect and assemble Legos.  Sure there could be a niche market of people like that.  My friends would be puzzled by adults with toys.  I do play video games though at my age of 49.

5 minutes ago, Cipher said:

None of the adults I know collect and assemble Legos.  Sure there could be a niche market of people like that.  My friends would be puzzled by adults with toys.  I do play video games though at my age of 49.

That's called "anecdotal". Understanding demographics, means looking into what people outside of your own social circles enjoy.

2 minutes ago, SinisterDeath said:

That's called "anecdotal". Understanding demographics, means looking into what people outside of your own social circles enjoy.

Uh, sure.

WoT is a niche market.  Adult Lego collectors are a niche market.  I have a decent understanding of USA culture and it is not a mainstream thing for adults to collect Legos.   If WoT was a show geared to be more family friendly Lego would have far more incentive to make this product.  

It will be interesting if they get their 1000 signatures.  That really should be an easy get if there is any kind of demand for this product.

47 minutes ago, Cipher said:

WoT is a niche market.  Adult Lego collectors are a niche market. 

Niche markets can overlap, and often being the fan of one, doesn't mean you can't be a fan of the other.
WoT currently has 100 Million total sales. 
Legos sell ~220 million sets a year, 5% of which are directly attributed to adults.

There are brick building contest TV shows. Hundreds of websites for kids and adults. Youtubers. Video Games, Movies and TV Series. Ergo, Lego is part of popular culture. And just because not every WoT fan is a lego collector, doesn't mean that WoT fans won't sign the petition, so their kids, or their friends kids might get a WoT lego set... or even get one themselves because it's WoT related.

I dig it, I just wish there was a way to get a clear sword in there for Callandor and would be cool to get a shaggy mare. Also really like that the base is a wheel I thought that was a nice touch.

Would be cool to get some kind of forsaken set maybe in LTT's home with the scary fireplace. 

Edited by Gary Again

On 6/1/2023 at 7:56 PM, CaddySedai said:

I still build LEGO...but that's cuz I still own the mega tub that I had as a kid in the 90s lol. None of this "model set" era...but the here's a bunch of stuff...do something with it. haha

Have you tried to make the characters of WoT out of the parts you have.  I might be tempted--just got a grandson, so may be when he is 3 I will have excuse to play Legos with him.  Don't know if I will remember.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...