DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Meera Syal cast as Verin

On 5/15/2023 at 11:14 PM, DojoToad said:

She looks great for Verin.  Wondering how much her story changes from the source material.

regarding verin's role in the story

Spoiler

well, she is a reluctant black ajah who worked decades to betray them, and eventually gave her life to expose the black sisters. if she's not that, she's not verin.

that said, pretty much anything else can be changed, as nothing else she did was very important in the first place.

if I was the screenwriters, I would expand her role, giving her parts of other minor sisters, because she's otherwise a minor character, disappearing for whole seasons, and that's not good for keeping an actor.

Edited by king of nowhere

4 hours ago, king of nowhere said:
Spoiler

well, she is a reluctant black ajah who worked decades to betray them, and eventually gave her life to expose the black sisters. if she's not that, she's not verin.

that said, pretty much anything else can be changed, as nothing else she did was very important in the first place.

if I was the screenwriters, I would expand her role, giving her parts of other minor sisters, because she's otherwise a minor character, disappearing for whole seasons, and that's not good for keeping an actor.

Right - I hope she gets more time as Logain did.

• Community Administrator

40 minutes ago, Wassup said:

Do we need some spoiler warnings on this thread?

33 minutes ago, DojoToad said:

Why?  This is all conjecture...

Uh yeah, that 100% should have been put in spoiler code if only because it's a very late book spoiler.

This topic is about the actor who was cast as Verin, and not specifically about her plot in the books or how her character will be written in the show.

1 hour ago, ForsakenPotato said:

Ahh this is exciting!!! Verin, while she obviously has a serious side, also has the potential to inject some much needed comic relief into the show imho. I haven't seen her in anything but that BAFTA speech above is all the convincing I needed.

She is along with her husband are very funny and are  also good in the serious stuff  - Nasreen Chaudhry  from Dr Who for the win

She looks fantastic for a 61 year old

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/15/2023 at 8:25 AM, Skipp said:

Oh wow, what a still!  She absolutely looks the part.

I know!! I saw it and loved her look from the very beginning.

She is a really great actress to.

I have loved her in every role I have seen, and she has been in tons of projects. She is right up there with Pike for her ability, and right up there for Siuan's actress, whom I have forgotten.

I soo want those three in the same room with their characters now.

Edited by wotfan4472