DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Question about POD

So I have made it to POD in my reread and just want to know so badly what happened to Elayne when she attempted to test the red rod terangreal!  I don’t recall ever finding out in the book. What do you guys think? Probably one of those things where the readers imagination and speculation is more fun than just writing an account of what happened. Any thoughts?

1 hour ago, JyP said:

... a pink cylinder somewhat warm but firm and nobody wants to discuss it afterwards ? My main guess would be a sex toy which is inducing horniness.

That was the impression I got too. I guess (personal headcanon) Elayne did an uninhibited and impromptu dance on a table, sans vêtements (pardon the French 😀), so out of her usual character, and perhaps expressing her longing for one Rand Al'Thor ...

On 5/2/2023 at 12:47 PM, Kalessin said:

That was the impression I got too. I guess (personal headcanon) Elayne did an uninhibited and impromptu dance on a table, sans vêtements (pardon the French 😀), so out of her usual character, and perhaps expressing her longing for one Rand Al'Thor ...

Well, more seriously : Elayne is culturally not from Cairhien but Andor, so I guess someone from Andor would be more straight-laced. But if I recall correctly Elayne was at Ebou Dar during the Festival of Birds ? So maybe she took some clues here ? 🐦

The answers you all gave are basically what my mind came up with too…I guess I was curious if it was just me! I have another POD question so I’ll just add it here. What is making the male channelers and the damane so sick during the battle? And near ebou dar? Plus the Perrin crew of channelers describe the source as odd in some way. Is it related to the use of bowl of the winds in some cases, or the unraveling of Elaynes weave, and/or the presence of callandor in others? Or am I missing something? If it’s explained later then please forgive me for not remembering. 
edit: I’m going to ask that second question in its own thread so you can disregard on this one 

Edited by Lightfriendsocialmistress

• 2 weeks later...

In the COT, Aviendha makes a comment about the pair of them melting each other, in response to a situation when Birgitte and Elayne reflect each other, Elayne Birgitte's hangover from drinking brandy to forget her grief over potentially losing Gaidal Cain, and Birgitte Elayne's pregnancy mood swings, and then adds, mysteriously, "but I think you already did," and I assume that she is referring to this incident.

Birgitte is a lot less inhibited than Elayne, and I suspect in the right company, she would regard an impromptu table dance as a laugh. And she is the first female Warder, and reflects her Aes Sedai's mood very closely; so I assume she joined in the festivities brought on by Elayne's unwitting use of the red rod ter'angreal. While Aviendha stood and stared and then joined in the laughter.

21 hours ago, Kalessin said:

In the COT, Aviendha makes a comment about the pair of them melting each other, in response to a situation when Birgitte and Elayne reflect each other, Elayne Birgitte's hangover from drinking brandy to forget her grief over potentially losing Gaidal Cain, and Birgitte Elayne's pregnancy mood swings, and then adds, mysteriously, "but I think you already did," and I assume that she is referring to this incident.

Birgitte is a lot less inhibited than Elayne, and I suspect in the right company, she would regard an impromptu table dance as a laugh. And she is the first female Warder, and reflects her Aes Sedai's mood very closely; so I assume she joined in the festivities brought on by Elayne's unwitting use of the red rod ter'angreal. While Aviendha stood and stared and then joined in the laughter.

I love your interpretation! I’m gonna go with it