DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Video drop from Jordan Con. New Castings and interviews!

Skipp

29 minutes ago, Mailman said:

WTF was that Sheriam (Rima) video.

Sounds like an expansion on the white tower stuff with the girls.

I'm not sure about the set behind him?

I got a few chuckles out of the Rima video, certainly caught me by surprise.

I think the room might be the White Tower basement where novices are raised.  Other people are speculated the Stone of Tear.  Who Knows!

Edited by Skipp

5 minutes ago, Skipp said:

I got a few chuckles out of the Rima video, certainly caught me by surprise.

I think the room might be the White Tower basement where novices are raised.  Other people are speculated the Stone of Tear.  Who Knows!

It almost looks like columns, but they seem bent and seem too low for the hall in tear, and it almost looks like cloth behind it which does not make sense. I suppose if it's after a fight scene it could be damaged.

Maybe the raising room for novices but there's no bloodshed in that actual room that I remember. In the visions maybe but not that room.

^ An adapted TV series can deviate - sometimes significantly - from the source material upon which it's based and still do said source material justice.

The line of criticism that emerged from certain 'book purists' about the show being disrespectful to the books due to it not being absolutely 100% faithful  is an absolute fallacy that has no true factual basis, as is the similar line of criticism about Rafe and his team disrespecting and being ignorant of the books by not being absolutely 100% faithful to them either by conscious choice or by circumstances beyond their control.

Edited by DigificWriter

16 minutes ago, DigificWriter said:

^ An adapted TV series can deviate - sometimes significantly - from the source material upon which it's based and still do said source material justice.

The line of criticism that emerged from certain 'book purists' about the show being disrespectful to the books due to it not being absolutely 100% faithful  is an absolute fallacy that has no true factual basis, as is the similar line of criticism about Rafe and his team disrespecting and being ignorant of the books by not being absolutely 100% faithful to them either by conscious choice or by circumstances beyond their control.

Okay - but any comments on the video that this thread is about?

1 hour ago, DigificWriter said:

This series hasnt required one to be a book purist to find it real mediocre.  2nd season will determine if first season was overly burdened with externalities. From the Hollywood Reporter article from last month it may just be that Amazon is particularly ill suited to make big budget fantasy. 

to be fair, i didnt criticise the show, i said i wanted it to 'stick to the books', which is a personal opinion.

the post after mine was some long winded justification of why the show doesnt have to stay true to the books and wanting it to do so isnt based on 'fact' or some such.

we could argue all day about whether the show should be remain loyal to the books or not, but you cant argue that i would like it to do so...that...my friend, is a 'fact'

and if the poster would care to interperet my posts better they would see that whilst i am not a lover of going away from book lore, im still quite accepting of it

On 4/23/2023 at 11:29 AM, RextheDog said:

loved it....aviendha is perfect....im really hoping they can stick to the books and do it justice.

And the 3 Maidens have a variety on the redhead from auburn (Avi) to ginger (Chiad ) . And all 3 are hella tall for women - Ayolla is 5'10 and the other 2 are much taller than that

I was studying the Aeil  costumes closer and was struck with a thought that didn't occur to me when we first saw them in Season 1: if you were to recolor the outfits that the three Aeil women are wearing in that video, you'd get something very similar to the OG character designs for Mortal Kombat's Jade, Kitana, and Mileena, which is neat.

Edited by DigificWriter

On 4/23/2023 at 5:29 AM, RextheDog said:

loved it....aviendha is perfect....im really hoping they can stick to the books and do it justice.

If you expect them to follow Aviendha's book arc, you are setting yourself up for guaranteed disappointment.  They can't (and won't) follow it.  They may get to the same end point, but not in the same way.  For example, her relationship with Rand is built on looong exposition dumps on Aiel culture and tons of POV.  The show doesn't have the time for her to give that much exposition and you can't film POV.  The show will have to find a much more direct way to kick off their relationship.

I'm a huge fan of the Aiel and am looking forward to what they show regarding Aiel culture. 

Rafe's words about it in the video are heartening. 

I hope they do have Gaul in the show, he's a huge part of Perrin's story.   I'm not wedded to the whole Gaul/Bain/Chiad love triangle but I hope they don't give all of Gaul's plot points to Aviendha.

They probably will cut the number of aiel clans/chiefs down some, and I certainly won't cry a tear if the Shaido plot line is reduced substantially as well. 

What does everyone else think ? 

Aviendha, Bain and Chiad look amazing!! I find the comments about Saidar and Saidin in this clip encouraging in that it suggests that Rafe and the writers heard some of the criticisms. I hope it’s an indication that things will track a little closer to the source material this season. 

I feel fairly confident that’s the Stone of Tear set. (Which will look different with CGI and different camera angles). 

I’m hyped again!! Let’s goooooooo!

I think having Dain be this handsome to start, AND, as the previous teaser showed, Dain is fighting with his father in Falme, AND Perrin is maybe even /more/ directly involved in the events that happen in Falme, it looks like it will be a fast and dramatic fall for Dain in the show, and his physical appearance has some real room to degrade as he does. Which, hopefully, means that when he does make his final decision to side with Galad and save Perrin in the late, late books right before the Last Battle very cool.

On 4/23/2023 at 9:20 AM, DojoToad said:

I like the casting for all the Maidens.  Love their costumes as well  - the combination of fabric and leather.

The actor cast as Dain is way more handsome than I pictured him.  Will be interested to see how he handles the character's downward spiral.

I imagined him to have a perpetually angry face.  Resting Jerk Face?

On 4/24/2023 at 10:31 AM, Humbugged2 said:

And the 3 Maidens have a variety on the redhead from auburn (Avi) to ginger (Chiad ) . And all 3 are hella tall for women - Ayolla is 5'10 and the other 2 are much taller than that

Casting is very hard for fantasy series.  IMO Aiel can be sandy brown-red-blond-platinum and all be very true to book. That being very challenging I don't expect it--and won't care.  

That being said I am one of the 'book purists.'

14 hours ago, Cipher said:

I imagined him to have a perpetually angry face.  Resting Jerk Face?

That's where acting and make-up come in.  He'll also have to lose weight from first show appearance to when he is under Fain's influence.

Edited by DojoToad

1 hour ago, WhiteVeils said:

Or gain it as his drinking problem kicks in.

I thought the drinking problem made him go skeleton-mode.  Thought I remember him being described as 'all the flesh being boiled off him'.  But that may have been someone else.