DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Crown of Swords

Blackbyrd

lines like....

When Mat jokes about 'crazy women' and Lan threatens to kill him

There's a brilliant Nynaeve passage, where, in a space of a page she contradicts herself in her own narrative

What are the good quotes?

Edited by Blackbyrd

2 hours ago, Blackbyrd said:

lines like....

There's a brilliant Nynaeve passage, where, in a space of a page she contradicts herself in her own narrative

I imagine 'good' would be subjective, but I'll let you know the next time I read CoS.

21 hours ago, Blackbyrd said:

lines like....

I just finished this book in my reread and I don’t know exactly the quote but I think nyneave says something about Elayne spending too much time with avienda and too comfortable with violence or some such and then almost immediately thinking about using violence on someone herself. That nyneave contradicts herself a lot! I’m sorry I didn’t find the exact quote but I think it was vaguely something like that 

When Mat and Nalesean are watching Olver race on Pip, and they collect their winnings and Mat recollects he last saw a particular woman during the flight from the Myrdraal they encountered in Whitebridge ...

Nalesean: "Where are you going?"
"I saw a woman who tried to kill me," Mat said over his shoulder.
"Give her a trinket next time," Nalesean shouted after him.

And Nynaeve - she causes Aviendha much merriment when they first visit the Sea Folk ship in the Ebou Dari harbour, when she declares that only a ninny can think to threaten someone and get what she wants ... and promptly threatens one of the Sea Folk ....