DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

New... content.

• Community Administrator
16 minutes ago, DojoToad said:

How is this new?  It is old and was not considered important enough to include in the show - compared to what was left in.

Would be nice to get something actually new from Rafe and company.

It's new because we have never seen it before.

It's one of the few cut scenes that was actually filmed, and it ultimately hit the cutting room floor to meet Amazon's ridiculous time limit.

Many of the fans love Michael McElhatton's acting in this scene, and the foreshadowing from his moment of dialogue is fantastic. 

If you want to take a negative conspiracy theory route, this scene was probably cut because it outshined Rosamund Pike's acting in her Oscar bait episode.

31 minutes ago, SinisterDeath said:

It's new because we have never seen it before.

It's one of the few cut scenes that was actually filmed, and it ultimately hit the cutting room floor to meet Amazon's ridiculous time limit.

Many of the fans love Michael McElhatton's acting in this scene, and the foreshadowing from his moment of dialogue is fantastic. 

If you want to take a negative conspiracy theory route, this scene was probably cut because it outshined Rosamund Pike's acting in her Oscar bait episode.

It was filmed over two years ago, so maybe new on a geologic scale.

I'd settle for - Never before seen!

Would it be more correct to say that it's old new content, or that it's new old content?😛

I can't make out a few words, and it's enough to lost the subtler meanings. they are talking about kari al'tor, but i don't see anything new or special about the dialogue. good acting, yes, but nothing is added.

as for the possibility this starts some new releases, it is possible. or maybe after 3 months since the last news we get this little bit and then nothing again for 3 more months. i won't get excited until i have a trailer and a release date.

• Community Administrator
17 minutes ago, king of nowhere said:

Would it be more correct to say that it's old new content, or that it's new old content?😛

I can't make out a few words, and it's enough to lost the subtler meanings. they are talking about kari al'tor, but i don't see anything new or special about the dialogue. good acting, yes, but nothing is added.

as for the possibility this starts some new releases, it is possible. or maybe after 3 months since the last news we get this little bit and then nothing again for 3 more months. i won't get excited until i have a trailer and a release date.

It's worth mentioning, that he's going to be playing a larger role in Season 3 of WoT than he will in Season 2. I doubt he's even in season 2?

On 3/22/2023 at 9:00 PM, SinisterDeath said:

It's worth mentioning, that he's going to be playing a larger role in Season 3 of WoT than he will in Season 2. I doubt he's even in season 2?

Tam? Will be sad not to see him in season 2, but glad if he's more prominent in S3 - he's a fantastic actor doing justice to one of my favourite characters.

IMHO, Rafe & Amazon were not prepared for the success & overwhelming critical scrutiny of the show. If given 10+ episodes to work with, WOT could have been a global phenom ala' Game of Thrones. Unfortunately, you just can't stuff a metric ton of content into 8 regular sized episodes & make it work. The cast, writers, & all support crews were let down by the ridiculous time constraints & it got awkward at times. Wouldn't it be amazing if the delay were because they were re-editing season 1 to release with season 2? LOL - I only wish. 

On 3/22/2023 at 3:00 PM, SinisterDeath said:

I hope they add the scene in season 2 where Tam and Abell go to the White Tower looking for them.  

That would happen in season 2, since most of TGH and TDR take place in season 2.

Edited by Dagon Thyne