DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Chosen manipulation

Gerrendus

So i dont often post on this board, but this is something i was thinking of the other day. We know most of the chosen are lurking around, imitating or controlling people in randland. So...where is moridin manipulating people? or better to say where is he hiding out.

It may have been mentioned in the books, but i havent read them for a bit, adn i may have forgotten if it did, so sorry

I think there would be some irony if moridin was manipulating or was Taim, as ow ironic would it be that Rand's greatest enemy so to speak (seeing as the DO probably wouldnt directly fight rand) was the head/had corrupted/trained what is arguable rand's most valuable fighting force

Moridin is the Nae'blis. The chosen have to obey his commands, some even do.

Also, he owns Moghedien and Cyndane.

I don't think he needs to manipulate grunts.

As for who controls Taim, or influences him, I think opinions are divided between Demandred and Graendal, but it's a RAFO, no conclusive hints.

So, I hope you like irony

I don't think Moridin has been personally involved. I believe he is using Moghedian and Cyndane to organise the darkfriends in various organisations, and in general prepare the shadow for the upcoming invasion.

The only examples I can recall of Moridin taking a direct hand in affairs are his presence in Shadar Logoth when Sammael bought the farm, and his shadowing of Elayne and the others when they leave Ebou Dar. Not sure of the significance of this. I always found his absence during the Cleansing to be rather conspicuous, although perhaps his autonomy is such that he could simply sit back and protect himself from being balefire'd in the confusion.

Moridin is not cotrolling Taim. In Knife of dreams during the forsaken get togther, Moridin asks if anybody knows why there are lots of trollocs and Myrdraal in the ways? He points out he has not commanded them but a forsaken must have, as he commanded myrdraal, which takes the forsaken mark.

Everybody present denies knowledge of this and Moridin orders no more movements of the Trollocs etc without his say so, as Tarmon Gaidon is coming.

As this is a pre-shadowding of the Trolloc attack on the Mansion that Rand and Loial visit, prior to meeting Semirhage. It rather implies that Moridin does not know who Taim is. It also tells us that Taim has a forsaken Mark, OR some other forsaken is in league with him. This also acts as a reminder that Shadowspawn cannot use gateways, the result of them using gateways is shown to us during the attack on the mansion :)

Makes me wonder if Taim is in league with anybody, or is he a forsaken in his own right?

My thought is that Taim, like Alviarin, are insurence policies for the Dark One. I think that in recent days the Dark One has been forced to confront the realisation that his power group are a group of people he can't really trust, and for all that their skills are greater then that of those of the Third Age, he needs some equilibrium again.

I think Shaidar Haren raised Taim, the closest thing to a AOL in knowledge he can find. And i think he did it seperate of the other Forsaken.

That's my thought too Lucker's. I reckon Taim is th dark one's insurance policy. But that raises another question (for me anyway); What is the current status of the kill Rand order? I know he originally in the forsaken's cross hairs but then Ishamael gave the hand's off order's. I am currently under the impression that it is a wait and see order, but kill Mat and Perrin. There were assasination attepts on them both in KOD.

So was Taim going against orders or not? And where does Shadar Haran fit in with order giving? I should really look this inforamtion up for myself on the wot encylopedia!

Archived