DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Season 2 release prediction bingo. :)

Scarloc99

So we are into February and I have seen on other threads people making guesses as to when season 2 might drop. I myself posted a long detailed guess. So thought I would start a thread for people to make a guess. Be it based on looking at the current known release info from amazon or just a pure speculation. 

So I will go first, either End may or End September. This is based on looking at what is currently coming out and what the tent pole shows will be, however I have changed my thoughts slightly on Amazon not wanting to overlap big series given that Picard season 3 was scheduled to start the same time as Carnival row season 2. I thought they would stagger those 2 properties out rather than have them run in parallel. So I am not so convinced that WOT season 2 is now scheduled to avoid the boys, mrs maisel, jack Ryan or reacher and we might see it released in parallel to one of those. 

So thoughts, pick at most 2 months for the landing of episode 1 with an assumption that they will be released weekly (possibly with 2-3 episodes dropped week 1). Let’s keep this just to release guesses and not another dive into the good or bad of the series, if it deserves a season 2 or any other non release date related predictions. Also feel free to come back and amend your guess as more information comes out. 

(also hoping by making a post I will have willed the universe to cut my knees out and Amazon will just announce it this week lol) 

Edited by Sir_Charrid

I have no idea.  May seems kind of early based on Rafes comments.  plus I'm sure they will use as much extra time as possible to polish the conclusion.  especially after the botched season 1 finale...

I'll go with October so it fits fall release

How soon in advance do they announce their release dates?  is it 2 months?

Edited by Pandemonium

11 hours ago, Pandemonium said:

I have no idea.  May seems kind of early based on Rafes comments.  plus I'm sure they will use as much extra time as possible to polish the conclusion.  especially after the botched season 1 finale...

I'll go with October so it fits fall release

How soon in advance do they announce their release dates?  is it 2 months?

It depends, they announced the sequel to good omens was coming out end September I think it is long before Xmas if I remember right. But this felt a one off, they tend to seem to announce the next thing only. I guess trying to keep people subscribed month to month. 

7 hours ago, DaddyFinn said:

GeekyEri from WoTSeries.com has made this

image.thumb.png.c075137c4949b1531d1b5c675a0d3662.png

very nice, all the big shows are at least 2 months out.  The really big shows post season (boys, Jack Ryan, Carnival Row) are giving almost 3 months.  Even WOT season 2 was almost 3 months prior and people still complained about the lack of marketing.

I will make the assumption it will be at least 78 days, just like season 1.  Still a chance WOT makes the upcoming May release list. but time is ticking.  Other than May, Amazon releases very few big shows in the summer.  The Boys was the previous heavy hitter for June and July.  So we shall see!  Otherwise more time to go outside and do other hobbies until then!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Amazon_Prime_Video_original_programming

5 minutes ago, Sabio said:

My fears rise that the longer this goes without a announcement that there are issues with the series or for some unknown reason they are having to make a lot of changes.  There is also the risk of the longer the series is gone the greater the chance some viewers will move on to something else.

I hope the main reason for the "delay" is just the VFX studios being overworked post-covid.

I wonder if some of the recent cuts at amazon will affect the series in any way. 

From what I've heard, none of these cuts came from I guess what you'd call their "entertainment division," but when a large corporation with tons of divisions starts laying off thousands of employees, other tightening measures are often to follow. 

On 2/23/2023 at 3:17 PM, WheelofJuke said:

I wonder if some of the recent cuts at amazon will affect the series in any way. 

From what I've heard, none of these cuts came from I guess what you'd call their "entertainment division," but when a large corporation with tons of divisions starts laying off thousands of employees, other tightening measures are often to follow. 

The cuts are largely on the retail side from what I can see which actually is not the main source of Amazon income. Many people don't realise that Amazon makes most of it's money from it's web services. Amazon is an IT company with a corner shop and TV company attached.

1 hour ago, Sir_Charrid said:

The cuts are largely on the retail side from what I can see which actually is not the main source of Amazon income. Many people don't realise that Amazon makes most of it's money from it's web services. Amazon is an IT company with a corner shop and TV company attached.

I did not know.

2 hours ago, Sir_Charrid said:

That is correct. 

While nothing has indicated anything would touch the entertainment division, the macroeconomic outlook for large corporations and especially streaming media services is much less frothy than 2-3 years ago. 

It's just me looking a year or two down the line with a lot of financial uncertainties such as inflation (still not under control), people cutting streaming services, et al. and wondering when and where the impact might hit. 

Two or three years down the road amazon may have to make a choice between, say, keeping RoP going or WoT, especially if one isn't pulling in what they thought it would. 

Not trying to be a buzzkill, I just keep a close eye on economic news. 🙂

Back to our regularly schedule programming....:bela:

1 hour ago, WheelofJuke said:

That is correct. 

While nothing has indicated anything would touch the entertainment division, the macroeconomic outlook for large corporations and especially streaming media services is much less frothy than 2-3 years ago. 

It's just me looking a year or two down the line with a lot of financial uncertainties such as inflation (still not under control), people cutting streaming services, et al. and wondering when and where the impact might hit. 

Two or three years down the road amazon may have to make a choice between, say, keeping RoP going or WoT, especially if one isn't pulling in what they thought it would. 

Not trying to be a buzzkill, I just keep a close eye on economic news. 🙂

Back to our regularly schedule programming....:bela:

I am never sure what the business model for Amazon prime is. I only have it because it saves me on postage for Amazon deliveries the TV is an added bonus of that. For a long time it has felt like Prime must be some sort of loss leader service but I am really not sure who they are trying to compete with, other online shopping sites, offering free postage, next day delivery and a TV service, or the streaming services offering free delivery alongside the TV? 

6 hours ago, Sir_Charrid said:

I am never sure what the business model for Amazon prime is. I only have it because it saves me on postage for Amazon deliveries the TV is an added bonus of that. For a long time it has felt like Prime must be some sort of loss leader service but I am really not sure who they are trying to compete with, other online shopping sites, offering free postage, next day delivery and a TV service, or the streaming services offering free delivery alongside the TV? 

Prime subscription also gives free videogames now and then

7 hours ago, DaddyFinn said:

Prime subscription also gives free videogames now and then

My wife does way too much shopping on Amazon to ever get rid of Prime.  I do to a lesser extent.  But we also enjoy Jack Ryan and Reacher as well.  So Bezos will get our money for the foreseeable future.

Hopefully WoT S2 is one more thing that makes the subscription worthwhile.