DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

WoT/Harry Potter cast list

Sila Darklover

The WoT Simpsons cast list inspired me to make one for Harry Potter. But I lack the time and brilliance to match everyone up. So here's a beginning list for you to revise and add to as you like:

Rand: Harry (duh)

Mat: Ron Weasley

Moiraine: Dumbledore

Lan: McGonagall

Loial: Hagrid (actually, Hagrid has a lot of Aginor in him too. I call him "Aginoial")

Galad: Cedric Diggory or Percy Weasley (can't decide)

Cadsuane: Molly Weasley

Herid Fel: Arthur Weasley

Elyas: Remus Lupin

Ingtar: Quirrel

Mesaana: Rita Skeeter (big headline: "Insane 'Dragon' Captured At Last") or Umbridge ("Remember, children, that the Great Lord of the Dark is always right. Anyone who contradicts me will be tortured")

Graendal: Horace Slughorn

I like the way she's got it just because I'm having such fun picturing Dumbledore in a blue dress with Moiraine's little gem in his hair riding side saddle on Aldieb, next to MacGonagal in a warder cloak with a hadari and a sword on her hip riding Mandarb.

:lol:

:D :D :D WOT and Harry Potter just happen to be my two favorite books series so naturally I stated drooling when I saw this. And of couse I want to play too.

Heromine = Nyneave

-I think Heromine is a dead ringer for Nyneave. Both are intelligent and often competent yet are easily anoyed and in the habbit of calling down their male companions.

Cho Chang = Egwene

-Cho is the girl that Harry origionally had the hot's for but with whom he could never make things happen. Rand had a similar relationship with Egwene.

Ginny Weasly = Min

-Basically Harry's main squeeze at the moment (and untimately IMO). She tends to be more down to earth like Min as opposed to regal like Elayne or tempramental like Avihenda.

Ron Weasley = Perrin

-honestly I see more of Perrin than Mat in Ron. I don't really see Ron as a trixter or a lady's man.

Fred or George Weasley = Mat

-Now these are the guys that I could see filling Mat's shoes.

Draco Malfoy = Paden Fain

-Draco isn't necessarly on Voldamort's side but he certainly does have it in for Harry. Similarly, Fain is not on the DO's side but he has it in for Rand.

Good ones, Leopolde.

Heromine = Nyneave

-I think Heromine is a dead ringer for Nyneave. Both are intelligent and often competent yet are easily anoyed and in the habbit of calling down their male companions.

I wasn't sure whether Hermione would be better as Nynaeve or Egwene. You make a good argument for Nynaeve.

Ginny Weasly = Min

-Basically Harry's main squeeze at the moment (and untimately IMO). She tends to be more down to earth like Min as opposed to regal like Elayne or tempramental like Avihenda.

True. So who should Elanye and Aviendha be? :wink:

Ron Weasley = Perrin

-honestly I see more of Perrin than Mat in Ron. I don't really see Ron as a trixter or a lady's man.

Trickster, no. Lady's man, sometimes--and always happy to look at a pretty girl. Just wants to have fun? Yes. Perrin's too thoughtful...and not funny enough.

Fred or George Weasley = Mat

-Now these are the guys that I could see filling Mat's shoes.

They do have the trickster part down.

rather than Moiraine as dumbledore

i think it would be better as Thom=dumbledore

-Harry listens to dumbledore, between moiraine and Thom, Rand listens to Thom, especially when their advice conflicts

Moridin=Snape?

both essentially hate the hero (Rand and Harry respectively)

Moridin=Snape? Both essentially hate the hero (Rand and Harry respectively)

Surely Snape would be better as Taim? Both dislike the hero, but both keep their true allegiance secret till quite late in the day - we have supporting evidence but can't definitively pin them down as servants of Shai'tan/Voldemort till the end of the last book - and even then doubt remains for some people....Also Ishamael/ Moridin works as Voldemort - main bad guy who dies and is reborn.

Surely Snape would be better as Taim? Both dislike the hero' date=' but both keep their true allegiance secret till quite late in the day - we have supporting evidence but can't definitively pin them down as servants of Shai'tan/Voldemort till the end of the last book - and even then doubt remains for some people....Also Ishamael/ Moridin works as Voldemort - main bad guy who dies and is reborn.[/quote']

Now, I feel if there is a line that sais whats offtopic, and to far away from wot to be written, this post propably left that line behind in the last county or something, but wth. I like discussions, be them wot or HP (even if I favor wot).

Are you certain that snape is on voldemorts side?

Wouldent it be just like dumbledore, and jsut like the style of those books, if it in the end, turn out that dumbledore was right?

That somehow, dumbledore was already dying from the trap that blasted his arm (or something else), snape, who helped heal him according to Dumbledore himself, would be the only one who knew.

And what if the thing snape was refusing to do, when snape and dumbledore was overheared, was to kill dumbledore? and truly, get Voldemorts trust? Maybe to find some of those artifacts they had no clue of where was?

Long shot, but interesting posibility ;)

//dyring

*edit* oh, and ontopic, Its a hard thing to do, mainly since there are imho so many more main chars in wot.

Most look good, thou I would object to herm/nyn, mainly cause herm is competent, nynaeve think she is ;)

Surely Snape would be better as Taim? Both dislike the hero' date=' but both keep their true allegiance secret till quite late in the day - we have supporting evidence but can't definitively pin them down as servants of Shai'tan/Voldemort till the end of the last book - and even then doubt remains for some people....Also Ishamael/ Moridin works as Voldemort - main bad guy who dies and is reborn.[/quote']

Good point, snape would be better as taim

and ishydin would be better as voldemort

Gerrendus wrote:

rather than Moiraine as dumbledore

i think it would be better as Thom=dumbledore

-Harry listens to dumbledore, between moiraine and Thom, Rand listens to Thom, especially when their advice conflicts

Yeah, I wasn't sure whether to match Dumbledore with regal-wise-mysterious Moiraine or tough-intelligent-funny-mysterious Thom. You have a good point, though Beckon's right--Dumbledore is amusing to imagine in Moiraine's clothes. :lol:

You have a good point, though Beckon's right--Dumbledore is amusing to imagine in Moiraine's clothes.

The best part is that the Dumbledore of the books (not so much the one in the movies) would think it was a brilliant joke as well.

Fleur(sp?) I think would be the best match with Elayne

As for Aviendha, I have no clue, no one, in my opinion, fits aviendha's personality. This may change once Deathly Hallows is released, but until then....

Lanfear would be a vila(sp?). Both are overpoweringly attractive when nice but real biathes if you make them angry

My thoughts

Really I think that Loial and a bit of both Firenze and Hagrid I mean he has Hagrid's sensitivity but when someone he cares deeply for is in danger will fight like the fears-est warrior, and he is like Firenze in the way he hold knowledge close to him and tends to see and understand things that humans can't seem to grasp.

I also think that Asmo and Draco match each-other well. First IMO I think that if Asmo had not been killed and stayed with Rand he would have switched to Rands side he might still be selfish but being selfish dose not make one evil or at least not horridly evil and Draco if the Death Eaters would not have shown up I think he would have been convinced by Dumbledore to turn away from Voldemort and would have joined the order.

And I agree Fred or George Weasley = Mat fits perfectly lol.

Archived