DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Wheel of Time Hype Train Tag!

Skipp

Bump.

I've been wanting to answer at least some of these questions for months, but have kept on procrastinating; however, now that we have a premiere date, I figured it was time to stop waiting and jump on this Hype Train.

What is your favourite episode from season one?

The Flame of Tar Valon (Aes Sedai politics and secret tragic lesbian relationships for the win)

Who is your favourite character from season one?

Moiraine (best 'witch' character since Willow Rosenberg)

What is your favourite piece of dialogue from season one?

“Siuan Sanche waits for only one woman. And it isn't you.” (truth); “If Wisdom is the title you claim, I suggest you start using some.” (burn); and "I, Moiraine Sedai, do swear to honor and obey Siuan Sanche... Daughter of the River... clever as a pike... strong as the tides... and never return until she calls me home." (secret wedding vows)

Which character did you end up loving that you didn't expect to love so much?

Liandrin (as our Series Lead, Moiraine needed a personal foil, and Kate Fleetwood's Liandrin is exactly that, complete with implied sexual history)

Who had the best outfit in season one?

Moiraine

Who portrayed their character the best and why?

Rosamund Pike. If you're going to alter the source material in order to make the 'wizard' archetype character the lead protagonist, you need to cast a great actor or actress, and Rosamund effortlessly oozes the natural charisma, regal grace, and quietly intimidating stature that the role requires

Tell us about a moment that unexpectedly made you laugh or cry in season one?

I'm not really a crier, but the tragic beauty of Siuan exiling Moiraine almost brought me to tears

Aside from Blood Snow, what was your favourite Cold Open?

Liandrin and the Red Ajah chasing down a male Channeler coupled with Rosamund Pike's voiceover and Moiraine preparing to head to The Two Rivers