DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Wheel of Time Hype Train Tag!

Skipp

Saw the latest video from Lezbi Nerdy and it seems the youtube creators have created a WoT Hype Train Tag.  Thought it would be great to give our answers here.

The questions in question;

Wheel of Time Hype Train Tag Questions:

1. What is your favourite episode from season one?
  2. Who is your favourite character from season one?
  3. What is your favourite piece of dialogue from season one?
  4. Which character did you end up loving that you didn't expect to love so much?
  5. Who had the best outfit in season one?
  6. Who portrayed their character the best and why?
  7. Tell us about a moment that unexpectedly made you laugh or cry in season one?
  8. What moment was the best homage to the books?
  9. Aside from Blood Snow, what was your favourite Cold Open?
  10. What was the best moment in the BTS footage of season two?
  11. Which new actor are you most excited to see on screen? Ceara, Donal, or Ayoola?

My Answers;

1. Episode 4, the entire episode was just amazing for me. And as a fan of the books I was in complete shock when Lan was lying on the floor bleeding out. I kinda love that the show can throw a veteran reader some curveballs.
  2. Lan, this surprised me quite a bit. I am a bit neutral on Lan in the books, yeah he is a badass with layers but Daniel was able to emote sooooooooo much of it, so well, on screen.
  3. Ila's speech to Perrin, Man did this do the job of re-texturing the Tinkers philosophy for me.
  4. Padan Fain, Johan Meyers performance is just magnificent in the little we get. I am looking forward to see where they take him in season 2.
  5. Nynaeve's and Agelmar's. I just love all the details in Nyaneve's outfit throughout season 1. The Green coat is just wonderful and the hints with Green overlapping yellow is just lovely. Agelmars outfit is just gorgeous when you get to the details. Love the black hawk motif as well.
  6. Daniel Henney and Madeleine Madden, nuf said
  7. Ila's speech, Major tears showed up when I didn't ever really care about the tinkers. I really hope they bring her back for season 3.
  8. Weep for Manetheran.  Was so happy to see some version of this in the show. I was certain it would be cut because long monologues never seem to make it in adapations.
  9. Episode 2 - The Whitecloaks introduction.  Valda is just soooooo freaking menacing while keeping a creepy, calm demeanour.  I also love that the Whitecloaks are actually competent and pose an actual threat(aside from threatening farmers)
  10. Listening to director Ciaran Donnelly geek out about the Bolt Camera used for the Blood Snow scene.
  11. Ayoola,  Just excited to see Aiel and see some Aveindha sass.

And a link to the original Lezbi Nerdy video I referenced.

12 hours ago, Skipp said:

Saw the latest video from Lezbi Nerdy and it seems the youtube creators have created a WoT Hype Train Tag.  Thought it would be great to give our answers here.

The questions in question;

Wheel of Time Hype Train Tag Questions:

1. What is your favourite episode from season one?

My Answers;

1. Episode 4, the entire episode was just amazing for me. And as a fan of the books I was in complete shock when Lan was lying on the floor bleeding out. I kinda love that the show can throw a veteran reader some curveballs.

The show threw many curveballs to veteran readers.  So is the fact that the show changed so much from the book the reason you liked this episode 4 best?

Cool exercise.  Will be interested to see others' answers as well.

33 minutes ago, DojoToad said:

The show threw many curveballs to veteran readers.  So is the fact that the show changed so much from the book the reason you liked this episode 4 best?

Cool exercise.  Will be interested to see others' answers as well.

Episode 4 is my favourite mostly due to the performances, particularly Zoe Robbins interactions with Liandrin, Lan and the other Warders.  As for the episode being almost entirely not from the books doesn't swap the episode one way or the other although I really did enjoy having that much focus on Logain for an episode.

2 minutes ago, Skipp said:

Episode 4 is my favourite mostly due to the performances, particularly Zoe Robbins interactions with Liandrin, Lan and the other Warders.  As for the episode being almost entirely not from the books doesn't swap the episode one way or the other although I really did enjoy having that much focus on Logain for an episode.

Extra Logain was one of my favorite changes from the books.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Community Administrator
4 minutes ago, CaddySedai said:

Caddy wants more use of the One Power moving forward.

In fact if they would like to accelerate showing Balefire I would not complain.

Gimme Gimme.

We see Balefire in Book 3, and since season 2 is books 2 & 3...

19 hours ago, CaddySedai said:

Caddy wants more use of the One Power moving forward.

In fact if they would like to accelerate showing Balefire I would not complain.

Gimme Gimme.

It actually might not be a bad idea to show its use during the war for power in a cold open. They could show how dangerous it is to everybody and to the pattern. 

That way, when people start flinging it around, viewers will have some reason to actually be concerned. 

On 2/19/2023 at 8:36 PM, Wassup said:

It actually might not be a bad idea to show its use during the war for power in a cold open. They could show how dangerous it is to everybody and to the pattern. 

That way, when people start flinging it around, viewers will have some reason to actually be concerned. 

I'm guessing we get our first bit of Balefire this season....I think Moiraine will rediscover it.

1 hour ago, DojoToad said:

Darkhounds anyone...?

We can only hope.

I am still wondering which Shadowspawn and other unusual will actually be used in the show.  Clearly Trollocs and Fade's but they skipped the Draghkar in season one(understandable if regrettable).

Which other shadowspawn are essential for the show.  Which Shadowspawn have enough cool moments that would be worth adding them.  The Draghkar have 2 or 3 really cool moments, one coming up in book 2.  Darkhounds have their first appearance in tDR and then their attack on Rand/Mat in tSR but really not much after that.

What about the Seanchan creatures?  Are they worth the CGI budget?  Cleary we have some Torm inspiration in the boat and armour design but will they show up on screen.  I think at least they need to have their Raken/To'raken.

Sorry for going off on a tangent.

• Community Administrator
16 minutes ago, Skipp said:

We can only hope.

I am still wondering which Shadowspawn and other unusual will actually be used in the show.  Clearly Trollocs and Fade's but they skipped the Draghkar in season one(understandable if regrettable).

Which other shadowspawn are essential for the show.  Which Shadowspawn have enough cool moments that would be worth adding them.  The Draghkar have 2 or 3 really cool moments, one coming up in book 2.  Darkhounds have their first appearance in tDR and then their attack on Rand/Mat in tSR but really not much after that.

What about the Seanchan creatures?  Are they worth the CGI budget?  Cleary we have some Torm inspiration in the boat and armour design but will they show up on screen.  I think at least they need to have their Raken/To'raken.

Sorry for going off on a tangent.

"Gray Men" without a doubt.
Easy to do, requires very  little budget, and if they're smart they'll interlace episodes with gray men in the background, to make the reveal of them so much more interesting.

Dark Hounds should be easy, but also easy to mess up.

From a CGI standpoint, Grolm and many of the other Seanchan creatures are unique enough that there's no way Amazon would act like "we don't want to look like we're ripping off GoT!" 

That said, I don't believe we'll see much in the way of exotic seanchan creatures in Season 2, as I don't think the bulk of them came over until after Falme.
If they make Falme the main landing, and not just an expidition force, that could change the dynamics significantly, allowing for more Grolm/Raken to appear in Season 2.

Spreading out the introduction of new creatures gives diverse enemies in later seasons. Rather than fights piling on more and more trollocs (hard to do, CGI Required, etc) all the time, they can introduce new, more dangerous enemies that can fulfill the role. 

Although in my fanfic I did use darkhounds at the end of the season for Moiraine to try out her new Balefire on, (rather than Be'lal) they may save them to be a enemy later on in S3 or 4. I think that S2 is going to have the Fades be a more concrete, fightable opponent (as Trollocs were in S1) and we'll see fights vs Fades rather than Myrdrall. Myrdrall will come in a later season.

Are we supposed to be giving answers to the questions? I'll give it a shot!

1. favourite episode: This is a tie between episode 1 and episode 6. I thought episode 1 did a great job of introducing the characters and I enjoyed the battle in Two Rivers much more than any of the later ones. Episode 6, while bearing little to no resemblance to anything in the books, was just great TV and had me in tears several times.
  2. favourite character: So hard for me to choose but I might go with Perrin or Egwene. The scene when they are captive was very well done by them both, and they felt very true to how I imagined them while reading.
  3. favourite piece of dialogue: I haven't rewatched the episodes recently but nothing is popping into mind. I generally thought the acting in season one was great and the dialogue mostly forgettable.
  4. Which character did you end up loving that you didn't expect to love so much? Both Moiraine and Lan. I eventually loved them in the books, but not in book one.
  5. best outfit: Easiest answer, Rand's cozy sweater in Ep 1.
  6. best portrayal: same answers as question 2 and 4 I think. Also thought Logain, Alanna, and Siuan were very good.
  7. unexpectedly laugh or cry: the scene from Siuan's childhood 😞
  8. best homage to the books: I liked some of the creepier dreams and visions. They weren't the same as the books exactly but they gave me the same feeling of dread and unease.
  9. favourite Cold Open: it said not to say blood snow but that's all I remember...so blood snow?
  10. What was the best moment in the BTS footage of season two? Seanchan!
  11. Which new actor are you most excited to see on screen? Ceara, Donal, or Ayoola? Don't know enough about any of them unfortunately!

Might as well try this? 

1. My favourite episode was probably episode 3, I just love Shader Logoth and personally it was just something I found super interesting and well done. 

2. Favourite character has got to be that random Yellow Ajah extra in episode 6?7? when Perrin and Egwene got to the White Tower 🤪. But Nynaeve was my favourite character found her a lot less annoying? (If that is the way to put it) and she was one of my favourite character in the books. 

3. Favourite pieces of dialogue was either the scene with the White Cloaks in episode 2, I just thought it was a fairly good idea on how to introduce them. 

4. The character I loved that I didn’t expect is probably Alanna, I was pretty much indifferent about her in the books and In the show she is so interesting. 

5. best outfit don’t want to just repeat everyone but Rands Sweater, so comfy!!!!!

6. Best portrayal was hands down Logain for me, like how much we get of him in the first season hope they are setting that up for later, also the actor just was great at playing the character. 

7.  I unexpectedly laughed at the scenes in the hall when Moraine was getting exiled. Don’t know why, just did. 

8. Honestly the whole Taren Ferry thing was a pretty good adaptation from the books and was generally pretty good. 

9. Favourite cold open was Suian’s childhood, it was nice to learn more about Suian considering how huge of a character she becomes and is. 

10. Best moment of the BTS season 2 footage, don’t know much about it but I thought the Seanchan we pretty interesting. 

11. The actor I am most excited for is probably Ayoola Smart. 

Just my unwanted .02 cents.