DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Fat man angreal question

Vemynal

It seems unlikely. The only Black in the group that made it back was Katarine, and she was a prisoner for a time, and searched. Even if it did find its way into Mesaana's hands i doubt she would just give it to him anyway.

I also think that Taim is also the most likely recipient of the fat man angreal. However, I did notice something odd in a recent re-read of CoS. In the 1st chapter, I think it was, Taim gives one of the ashamen an odd look, and the ashaman gives him a little head shake. I was thinking that this little exchange might be meaningful. Whether it has any bearing on where the fatman ended up, I don't know. But it makes me wonder what they were up to.

Or one of the sisters who escaped back to the White Tower had it. That would indicate that they either retain possession or handed it over to Elaida or someone else. If Elaida gets it, Messana will not. If someone else did, it could potentially end up in her hands.

That was the Asha'man tasked with shadowing the Aes Sedai from the rebel Embassy- Taim was hoping they'd channel and he could use that to claim them as captives, and he was being told they'd behaved.

Could be, but I think that if one of the captured sisters had channelled at an Ashaman, the resulting chaos would have been more than indication enough that something had happened. No need for subtleties then. I'm not convinced, and that passage struck me as odd. but I don't have any alternative explaination to offer, besides what I've already proposed, and I can't support it with anything from the books.

More likely is the fact that the ashaman in question was looking to Taim to see if one of them had channeled, as he is stronger in the one power. The ability of a man to detect Saidar being channeled by goose bumps is related to a the man's strength in the power and distance form the woman. I cannot remember who was closer.

But also, if Taim was holding the power through an angreal he would be able to tell even better, so you may have a point. I cannot remember if a man can tell if a woman is holding Saidar if he is not holding Saidin at the time.

Archived