DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Concerns about Amazon's Licensed Collectible Partner - Jalic Blades

CaddySedai

So I'm not really sure why Amazon decided to roll with a collectible sword maker to also allowing them to create jewelry which, to the best of my knowledge, they had no prior experience with.

They probably should have stuck with Badali at this point but good news on that front is they let them bring back the silver classic Great Serpent ring and Badali seems hopeful they can get Amazon to roll with a full "classics" re-release. So that's lit.

That said, we find ourselves with having Jalic Blades (aka Valyrian Steel) putting out the first TV show ring.

I am willing to work with them when they are tooling to do something they have never done. Delays and growing pains were inevitable. That said my concern lies in their just terrible unresponsive and frankly non existent communication from a customer service perspective.

Preorders opened August 28, with a expected delivery date in late October. Now one goes into preorders knowing full well that timeframes slip. I have a Kickstarter finally delivering in 2023 that was supposed to be completed in early 2021 - that's fine. They keep us abreast of the problems and issues and development update, and the end is in sight finally (it is Firmament, a game by the makers of MYST). 

That said, the preorders slipped from October to November, and now November to December. Again, this would not be an issue if they were a responsive company and maybe, call me crazy for even thinking this, letting preorders know that the timeframe has slipped. Instead one has to go onto the site, click into the ring as if wishing to buy it, and see the updated preorder expectation. This, is stupid. This also was never communicated and one wandered into it by accident. And the only communication was a facebook post saying "its taking us a bit longer than expected" followed by posts wondering how their followers liked House of the Dragon. It's just, bewilderingly unprofessional, and forget trying to communicate with them via their website "questions about your order" option cuz apparently that inbox isn't even monitored lol.

I have no doubt they will come through, I actually have some of their blades and until now have never experienced an issue. But if you are interested in getting a Great Serpent Ring I would suggest you wait until they get their extremely delayed preorder situation handled.

And that maybe in the future Amazon pick partners who have experience in the industry they hope to produce goods in. 

On 12/14/2022 at 3:56 AM, DojoToad said:

Dang. Sorry this is happening to you @CaddySedai  And thanks for the heads up. 

Thanks.

As I said I hate to kinda flame a merchandise partner because I desperately want more merch to come out but its just such a shock to the system to have a company ghost you.

They do allow for refunds up through shipping so its not like I fear the financial part of this. They are at no risk of going out of business so its nothing like that. I fully plan to ride this preorder train to the station.

I just wish they would like, post something to let us know where the bottleneck is, where the fix is at, and when they truly project the finish line to be. That way we are not in the dark.

• 4 weeks later...

*headtodesk*

Once again, with no courtesy emails to those who preordered. The website was discreetly changed to:

IMPORTANT: This is a preorder product. You may order now to secure your position in line and the ring will ship as soon as it is available. We currently estimate it to ship in Q1 or early Q2 of 2023. You may cancel your order at any time up until when the product ships for a full refund. 

Please remember to select your color and size when placing your order. 

Just the worst customer service in existence. Worse than SiriusXM, at least they have the courtesy to let you know they are about to ruin your day lol.

54 minutes ago, CaddySedai said:

*headtodesk*

Once again, with no courtesy emails to those who preordered. The website was discreetly changed to:

IMPORTANT: This is a preorder product. You may order now to secure your position in line and the ring will ship as soon as it is available. We currently estimate it to ship in Q1 or early Q2 of 2023. You may cancel your order at any time up until when the product ships for a full refund. 

Just the worst customer service in existence. Worse than SiriusXM, at least they have the courtesy to let you know they are about to ruin your day lol.

That is beyond frustrating.  I and quite curious to the hold up.  Whether it is their inexperience with jewelry or maybe an issue with material suppylines.

57 minutes ago, CaddySedai said:

*headtodesk*

Again when season 2 should start, jokes aside this is awful customer service. 

• 3 months later...

Well Q1 has passed and I'd say that we are approaching the death of "Early Q2"... dont think you will be able to count the middle days of the middle month of a quarter  as "early" any more lol.

No updates.

As much as I love the show I will certainly say Amazon has dropped the ball when it comes to marketing and merchandise.  It is kind of embarrassing at this point.

Please keep us updated on your purchase journey.

So JB finally responded to me direct. 

So weird that they wouldn't just let this info be known - it would look like a BAU delivery chain issue rather than just uncertainty.

"Hello,

We are expecting them to arrive at our warehouse either this week or
in the next couple of weeks. Right now we are just waiting on the phone
call to tell us they're on the way so we can start printing labels."

I suppose however this does show the difference between in house creation like Badali - and having to use an out of house option.

Still, there may be light at the end of this extremely delayed tunnel.

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Mailman said:

Congrats this really has taken a long time. Hope it is awesome.

It better be. In a different fandom I could have forged my own ring in the fires of Mount Doom in the time it took for a professional company to produce these lol.

So the ring has arrived and I am pleased as punch. 

I would be more pleased had I had this since last October but hey, it arrived. 

Collectible box is nice. Ring feels smaller on the hand than it seems in the show but I think the camera added pounds to the ring look - as in reality it is only ever so slightly talker than my college graduation ring. 

Shape feels good on the hand, the tapering allows it to be tall but no wider than even the badali classic ring. 

IMG_6220.thumb.jpeg.518bac5829767d70a99235418a14336e.jpegIMG_6221.thumb.jpeg.a8bc13dbcbab2cad60a0dd60e6379f9c.jpegIMG_6222.thumb.jpeg.e026b56a5f57de3ae69322fdd0de7b94.jpegIMG_6223.thumb.jpeg.752d9093d058915871870d7dcc8c9e10.jpeg

2 hours ago, CaddySedai said:

So the ring has arrived and I am pleased as punch. 

I would be more pleased had I had this since last October but hey, it arrived. 

Collectible box is nice. Ring feels smaller on the hand than it seems in the show but I think the camera added pounds to the ring look - as in reality it is only ever so slightly talker than my college graduation ring. 

Shape feels good on the hand, the tapering allows it to be tall but no wider than even the badali classic ring. 

IMG_6220.thumb.jpeg.518bac5829767d70a99235418a14336e.jpegIMG_6221.thumb.jpeg.a8bc13dbcbab2cad60a0dd60e6379f9c.jpegIMG_6222.thumb.jpeg.e026b56a5f57de3ae69322fdd0de7b94.jpegIMG_6223.thumb.jpeg.752d9093d058915871870d7dcc8c9e10.jpeg

Awwww that looks amazing.  I am glad to hear it is holding up to initial inspection.

I like it much better than I did on first blush.  Nice looking piece.  Lid of the box look magnetized - nice.

The colors for the ajahs looks desaturated on the box.  I'd repaint those in more saturated colors myself.  My only complaint.  🤪

Glad you love it.  I'll have to keep an eye out for more of their products.  Maybe Mat's medallion...

1 hour ago, DojoToad said:

I like it much better than I did on first blush.  Nice looking piece.  Lid of the box look magnetized - nice.

The colors for the ajahs looks desaturated on the box.  I'd repaint those in more saturated colors myself.  My only complaint.  🤪

Glad you love it.  I'll have to keep an eye out for more of their products.  Maybe Mat's medallion...

Some of the desaturation might be from the cool white LED's that I have on my ceiling border 😛