DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Just watched first two episodes of S1

chongjasmine

7 hours ago, chongjasmine said:

It is not as bad as some of the fans say it is. I rather enjoy it, even though I read the books numerous times!

Better than GOT, which has too much sex in my opinion.

Glad to hear you enjoyed it, I loved the first season. 

While i ended up not enjoying GoT as a whole(didn't get past season 4 or 5) I personally think GoT season 1 was better than WoT Season 1.  But heres hoping WoT just continues to get better and surpasses GoT in its entirety.

On 11/26/2022 at 3:31 PM, Skipp said:

Glad to hear you enjoyed it, I loved the first season. 

While i ended up not enjoying GoT as a whole(didn't get past season 4 or 5) I personally think GoT season 1 was better than WoT Season 1.  But heres hoping WoT just continues to get better and surpasses GoT in its entirety.

I always think it is such a shame GOT never got finished as a TV series, I really wanted to know what happened to my fav characters after season 4 :). 

I agree GoT started much stronger then WoT, but, they are both also very different types of story and I agree that WoT is very enjoyable as a show (while I also appreciate and understand the issues many had with it). I do hope that some of the issues in season 1 are ironed out in season 2, better special effects, covid rules allowing better large battle scenes and a slightly slower pacing. 

• 1 month later...

I’m not saying season one is bad, but hoping season two is better, Covid started before they filmed the last few episodes and they had to make lots of changes on the fly.

beware, the goal of the showrunner and writers is not to depict the story in the book, even if they could.