DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Does Morgase ever learn the truth?

Scarloc99

I had a random thought today and, hunting online can’t find an answer. 

I know Morgase escapes Rahvin’s compulsion, but, does she ever find out who he truly is and how he had her under such a spell, if she does which book is that in. I just can’t remember. 

Edited by Sir_Charrid

3 hours ago, Elendir said:

When Morgase was disguised as Perin`s maid, this was discussed. I don't remember exact wording, but Perin discussed Rahvin situation in front of her.

I thought I remembered something like this around the time she was Perrin a maid but hunting for it couldn’t find it. Thanks will try and have another look. 

It's in one of the very last books, after she is discovered to be Morgase, former Queen of Andor, and before they arrive at Caemlyn. She is torn between wanting Tallanvor and needing to be needed in some political manner, and she overhears someone discussing that Lord Gaebril was actually the Forsaken Rahvin, and she decides to marry Tallanvor shortly after.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/23/2022 at 2:13 PM, Elendir said:

When Morgase was disguised as Perin`s maid, this was discussed. I don't remember exact wording, but Perin discussed Rahvin situation in front of her.

I have a vague recollection of Morgase getting stunned when she overheard that one of the forsaken was in Camelyn and I think she put it all together in her head. 

IIRC, Perrin mentioned that Rahvin had been disguising himself as Lord Gaebril while she was carrying out her duties as a maid, and she was so shocked she dropped the tray. Perrin excused that on the grounds seh was from Caemlyn and was horrified to discover she had been living in close proximity to someone of very toxic behavior and the power to comprehensively abuse people.

• 4 weeks later...