DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

has the timeline of the TV show changed, is this a Typo or (least likely) does Brandon not know how much time has passed?

Scarloc99

https://people.com/tv/wheel-of-time-author-on-amazon-adaptation-series-exclusive/

I just stumbled on this interview from 2021, I had a look and couldn't find it referenced here on the forum (if it is please redirect me there). 

There are some interesting comments in it but the thing that jumped out is the timeline. Brandon says that the Dragon was last alive 1000 years ago, he says it several times and even says 10 centuries. Now this is very different to the reality of the books where it has been what about 3500 years since Lewis Therin died? 

So, was this Brandon mis quoted/mis-speaking, has the show, for no reason I can tell, changed the timeline to just 1000 years, or (less likely) does Brandon think it has been 1000 years in the book? Has this 1000 year gap been mentioned anywhere else?  

Edited by Sir_Charrid

• Scarloc99 changed the title to has the timeline of the TV show changed, is this a Typo or (least likely) does Brandon not know how much time has passed?

I went back and rewatched and yes they do clearly indicate the 3000 years, so this is either a mis quote, or, more likely Brandon forgot, which is a little disappointing given he has supposedly   read the series several times over, and written 3 books. But who knows maybe the interview was in the middle of a busy day and he had a brain fart moment.