DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Hard work

kevinlunatic

I read most of the books as they came out years ago then stopped when they did not come out for a while. Now I have lots of time on my hands I have gone back to the beginning and sarted all over again. I have read them all in the last 11 weeks and am now on the last book just over 650 pages in and am struggling to not either just walk away or skip to the end. I have read loads of books over the years but dont think I have ever read one as hard work as this its like it has been dragged out to 1000 pages just because the others were. Am I the only one who feels this. I have read all of Brandon Sandersons books but am struggling here. Sorry just needed to vent and walk away from the book for a while

Sanderson's own work is a hard read for me.  I initially like the first Mistborn trilogy, but upon re-read - not so much.

I didn't have any problem reading his WoT books - read them all twice so far.  I really enjoyed MoL.  But maybe the book just isn't for you.  I like how it wraps up several of the characters, also don't mind how it leaves some characters and plots open-ended.  You don't have to like it, but I think it is worth putting in the hard work to get through it.  You may change your mind on completion - or not...