DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

I own and have read every book in this series and now feel depressed that its ending!!!

hangry_hippo007

I started the wheel of time series over half a year ago and am just now finishing it On 10/24/2022 And i will say this the ending is as mat Cauthon would say a gamble. It made me want to laugh and cry at the same time and im going to be honest i fell a little bit depressed. I always knew the series would end but back when i was on like the second book i thought it would last forever. I have now finished all fourteen books and own them and am now feeling melancholy. the only book i have left of this series is a new spring showing moraines time learning to be aes sedai in the white tower. I can say from experience that rand al thor does indeed survive sealing away the dark one. He then switches bodies with moridin somehow letting his old body with moridins mind be burned and everyone thinking that the lord dragon aka rand al thor is dead when in reality rand leaves in moridins body to explore the world with the perceived ability to bend the world to his will at a thought.

• 3 weeks later...

My first time finishing the series was very hard to… but it lasted 6 months for you. I started reading the first book  shortly after the third came out. Once I caught up, I starting rereading the series before each new book came out.  That lasted decades!

another problem for me was when I read the second to last book, I started to develop a theory about how the Dark One’s prison would be sealed.

Meirin wasn’t faking, the Dark One tore her psyche so badly, she surrendered to Rand and shared what only she and Ishmael knew. When they Drilled the Bore, at the last moment, they felt a near infinity of tiny threads snap away from them. The Patch that predated the Age of Legends wasn’t made by men alone, and the threads weren’t anchored in dead Cuellindar, but threaded thru the nucleus of every cell of the Tree of Life, of every tree on the entire planet. It was genetically engineered in a prior age to hold the Patch closed. Every time a cell splits, the weave stretches, and every cell that is destroyed, allows the thread to return a bit. That’s why in Rand’s memory, that one Aes Sedai told the Aiel that they must keep the way of the leaf (and keep planting the trees, but he didn’t know about that) he only knew that the Aiel were free to travel the world, universally trusted, provided a channel of communication and they held the Age of Legends together in a way no one else could despite deep divides thruout their society. The Choras then did provide a mild positive effect, but after the Bore was drilled Rand and Mat felt a powerful soporific effect, and the myth of one man sleeping for years. The Choras connected to the Patch were alive and fighting the Dark One’s corruption constantly, that dynamic saps its energy resulting in the mild calming they spread thru every city.

Egwene with her greater understanding of Traveling which she reintroduced to the current age, could create a new shared area by generating a new Traveling Field, it would connect the Bore to the Tree of Life in Rhuidean. Rand would stand on the Bore side of the open space, and Nynaeve would stand on the Tree side of the space and their would be no doorway between them. Rand would Link with Nynaeve, he would weave the prison similar to how he did it an age ago, but instead of passing the focus thru Cuellindar discs, he would pass those threads to Nynaeve who would weave literal trillions of threads into the nucleus of all the cells, into that tiny part that the threads fit. 
The Aiel would return to the way of the leaf, free to travel thruout any land, they are tasked caring for the trees (tho at the beginning, everyone would help). The foolish task Rand gave the Aiel in the final book, as a policeman of one region, to beat up any who defy his peace, is at best a temporary measure. But making the Aiel the “weakest” members of society gives them more power to broker peace treaties as mediators. This earns the Aiel the most Ji and obligates to them from the world Toh, kind of: everyone has to protect the Aiel. Maybe the Aiel would practice a sort of Water like, Cowboy Bebop defensive martial art, allowing them to use simple items to deflect an attack until all of society is raised knowing the “gentle” Aiel are not to be struck in any way.

sorry to run on so long, very much a diverging thread, but this ending was so powerful in my mind, I found Brandon’s confusing.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The series took me nearly 2 years and it was an amazing journey!

I understand how you feel as I feel the same. Remember, there is Origins of the WoT and Worlds of the WoT.

Don’t forget the WoT Companion book and the Dusty Wheel on YouTube.