DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Season 2 sneak peek + other NYCC stuff

DermidAjala

2 hours ago, Cauthonfan4 said:

really? Never saw any water cooler discussion at my job about it. no one was talking about the show at all.

it wasn't even an ensemble, it was literally all about Moiraine, Nynaeve, and to a lesser Extent, Egwene.

I had about 15-20 people, neighbors, workmates, friends all talking about it asking me the series, telling me their dragon theories. The general consensus of all of them was they loved it, 4 of them have started reading the books and I think 2 of them will actually finish them. 

20 minutes ago, Sir_Charrid said:

I had about 15-20 people, neighbors, workmates, friends all talking about it asking me the series, telling me their dragon theories. The general consensus of all of them was they loved it, 4 of them have started reading the books and I think 2 of them will actually finish them. 

I'd be really interested in their impressions of the show after reading a few books.  Do they like the show better, worse, or the same after reading the source material?

5 hours ago, DojoToad said:

I'd be really interested in their impressions of the show after reading a few books.  Do they like the show better, worse, or the same after reading the source material?

They See it as an adaptation and enjoy both. Don’t understand the Perrin change but that’s the only negative. 

Edited by Sir_Charrid

1 hour ago, Sir_Charrid said:

See it as an adaptation and enjoy both. Don’t understand the Perrin change but that’s the only negative. 

Right, they can both be enjoyed in their own right but it is hard not to compare them against each other when you know them both. 

Perrin is the only negative for you, but we’re all different. 

28 minutes ago, DojoToad said:

Right, they can both be enjoyed in their own right but it is hard not to compare them against each other when you know them both. 

Perrin is the only negative for you, but we’re all different. 

Largely the only negative for them, you asked what they thought. One friend felt the TV show final episode made a lot more sense than the book, and he really preferred the real reveal of the age of legends being in book 4. He did say he would have rather the TV show drop the secret of Rand being the dragon but kept the surprise of the high tech aspects of the AOL until later on. 

I have mentioned before the things I disliked so won’t get back into it, we are both I think just either side of the same line, agree on some things disagree on others although we seem to see each others points of view. 

10 hours ago, Dagon Thyne said:

They made match look more like a meth head than someone sick because of a dark spirit is draining their life.

I mean the way Mat was portrayed matches pretty closely to how I always pictured that in the book based on RJ description. But that is the issue with book to screen, we all have a different picture in our head and we assume that is how everyone sees it, on screen if it doesn't match our own we assume that is just wrong.