DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Season 2 sneak peek + other NYCC stuff

DermidAjala

8 hours ago, A Memory Of Why said:

Darfriend social or did we see 12 Forsaken?

Must be the social because I think we're expecting the Forsaken numbers to be cut down right?

8 hours ago, A Memory Of Why said:

Also, Eggy with a collar!!

Looks really good - happy with how they've done that. 

---

I have just looked through the frame dump and the only thing I'm a bit scared about is that Nynaeve sword fight scene... Not just because "why is Nynaeve sword fighting?" but it also looks eerily similar to everyone's favourite Mat moment...

3 hours ago, DermidAjala said:

I have just looked through the frame dump and the only thing I'm a bit scared about is that Nynaeve sword fight scene... Not just because "why is Nynaeve sword fighting?" but it also looks eerily similar to everyone's favourite Mat moment...

That would be awful if true…

2 hours ago, A Memory Of Why said:

Regarding sword fighting Nyn.. that is wierd, maybe the Accepted test?

Apparently one of Alanna's warders has said on Twitter that it's him so definitely not a case of outright scene stealing, but still a bit baffling.

Edited by DermidAjala

5 hours ago, DermidAjala said:

One of the warders is supposed to be Maksim.

Other fans have reasoned that because Nynaeve actually thought of learning the sword rather than One Power on the boat trip(?) to Tar Valon the teaser scene isn't too far from her character. We'll have to WAFO.

3 hours ago, A Memory Of Why said:

Also another look at collared Eggy I can't see the chain.

Chain doesn't exist based on released material. Perhaps actor/stunt safety or some other reason? It's not a big deal IMO.

25 minutes ago, DaddyFinn said:

One of the warders is supposed to be Maksim.

Other fans have reasoned that because Nynaeve actually thought of learning the sword rather than One Power on the boat trip(?) to Tar Valon the teaser scene isn't too far from her character. We'll have to WAFO.

Exactly this, I suspect it will have to do with her block and her frustrations about it.  Then we will get a scene similar to the Amrylins lesson from the boat ride.

26 minutes ago, DaddyFinn said:

Chain doesn't exist based on released material. Perhaps actor/stunt safety or some other reason? It's not a big deal IMO.

I think this is the exact reason for it.  Especially if they are going to have them on horses at all.

8 hours ago, Skipp said:
8 hours ago, DaddyFinn said:

I think this is the exact reason for it.  Especially if they are going to have them on horses at all.

Yeah, I don't have a problem with the missing chain. Was just pointing it out, got a tad excited to see a plot line not get cut.

Interesting they're revealing Ishy so early, and I'm still convinced that was confirmation of 12 Forsaken.

The DF social had far more people and the voice over was a bit on the nose, though could be a misdirect I guess. keeping them hooded would work production wise, similar to why Elayne was held back to season 2 (she looks awesome by the way), they're barely on screen this early so no need to hire an actor until they're needed. 

Not including Aginor and Balthemel we only see a couple in the first 3 books: Ishy, Lanfear and Ravin I think. Though with the mechanics of WoT they could easily get away with multiple actors if they want.

Now, if only they'd stop teasing us and provide an official trailer.. please.

On 10/8/2022 at 11:10 AM, Skipp said:

Exactly this, I suspect it will have to do with her block and her frustrations about it.  Then we will get a scene similar to the Amrylins lesson from the boat ride.

What exactly is her block anyway. In the tv show it seems like she has to be afraid/enraged either for herself or others.  Others thoughts..

4 hours ago, nsmallw said:

What exactly is her block anyway. In the tv show it seems like she has to be afraid/enraged either for herself or others.  Others thoughts..

My hope is that it'll be PTSD from her near death at the end of the 1st season. She nearly died because she had given up control, which is exactly what you have to do to wield saidar. So her block will be her inability to give up control I imagine. Which frankly is more interesting than simply needing to be angry in my opinion.

I like the idea that Rand only broke the first seal and freed all the Forsaken at the end of Season 1 - this is on line with the Prophecies where the Dragon has to Break the Seals, and a bit better than the books where he only deliberately breaks some small pieces of cuendilar before climbing to Shaiol Ghul (which was somewhat anticlimactic).

And if it is really Padan Fain at the Darkfriend Social event, maybe Padan Fain would be an underused Forsaken from the books which will be infected by the Dagger ? 

Teaser looked great and I'm excited other than the confusion around Nynaeve's sword scene... even if it's not what some are afraid of (and it's barely a second long so we're definitely extrapolating!), so much would depend on the context of the scene for it not to take away from Mat vs the brothers. I can already hear the complaints of Nyn being invincible

1 hour ago, notpropaganda73 said:

Teaser looked great and I'm excited other than the confusion around Nynaeve's sword scene... even if it's not what some are afraid of (and it's barely a second long so we're definitely extrapolating!), so much would depend on the context of the scene for it not to take away from Mat vs the brothers. I can already hear the complaints of Nyn being invincible

Agreed - that the sword scene is likely not a replacement for Mat's staff scene, but the chance is not zero.  But why does she have a sword scene at all?  WAFO I guess...

Of course you can hear the complaints of  Nynaeve's apparent invincibility - look at S1.

3 hours ago, DojoToad said:

Agreed - that the sword scene is likely not a replacement for Mat's staff scene, but the chance is not zero.  But why does she have a sword scene at all?  WAFO I guess...

Of course you can hear the complaints of  Nynaeve's apparent invincibility - look at S1.

WAF... oh, you beat me to it, @DojoToad:laugh:

Question- If Matt isn't part of the hunt for the horn does that make it look like Perrin with be the one that uses it?  Is there a way in this current version that Matt still gets to the Aiel with Rand- gets his staff and gets to Falme and the horn?  If he's not involved with any of that where is the character going?