DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Crazy Rand Death Theory

water_seeker

Rand destroys the remaining seals. He dies somehow. The DO has claimed to have dominion over the dead. Let's say he wasn't lying. He thinks he owns Rand now, but something Rand learned while he was alive gives him the ability to keep on, but without the restraint of mortal flesh he is able to channel much more than is otherwise possible. He defeats/imprisons/whatever the DO. At the time of the DO's defeat Moridin escapes from the battle. In order to keep out of sight he turns to begging. Rand's link to him is the only pathway that Rand has to life and he takes that path. He infests Moridin's head like LTT did his, but with that experience he knows how to take over at least the power if not the body. Once he has the power he goes into TAR and just like when he was in TAR chasing Rahvin and his body started changing into LTT Moridin's body changes into Rand's, minus the afflictions. After the change he steps out of TAR much the same way that Slayer does or similar to how Birgitte was ripped out so that the changes will stick rather than disappearing like they would if he left like normal. The process of taking over will ultimately destroy Moridin. When it's all said and done Rand is Rand, if in better condition than before and the good guys have won.

Actually, I find it quite interesting. The only thing that I can think of that would aid your theory is that when Brigitt was "ripped" / pushed out she had 1 of her silver Arrows go with her.

With a "normal' exit I doubt that it would be possible, but with that strange thing "Morggy used - Maybe! That "Silver Arrow" thing is the kicker. because supposidly nothing made up in TAR can come to the real world - but it did!

Guest Barmacral

Indeed, the arrow is the only reason that I don't flat out say that he couldn't come into the waking world as Rand when he starts out as Moridin.

Over all though, its a far fetched theory thats crazy enough that it just might work.

Archived